Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Is unregistered deed/will written on "5 Rupees Stamp Paper" is valid.  (Read 2442 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline johnantony868

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
15 years back my mother purchased a house from her own income.
10 years back my father purchased a farm land from his own income. 
They survived with me. I have only one brother.

My mother died 2 years back without writing a will. After my mother's death, my father wrote on a "5 Rupees Stamp Paper" stating that he is giving all his property share and his own properties to me (not to my brother). This is duly signed by my father with his fingerprint on it. I mean, it has both signature and thumb impression of my father. But it is not registered.

Recently my father died. I want to know whether the statement written in "5 Rupees Stamp Paper" is still valid.
Can my brother claim his portion on it.

Offline saravanan.s

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 310
  • Karma: +23/-1
  • legal advisor
    • View Profile
Re: Is unregistered deed/will written on "5 Rupees Stamp Paper" is valid.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 10:47:08 AM »
a will even when written on a plain paper and not registered also is valid but it needs to be attested by two witness along with the signature of the your case since it is not attested by witness the will is not valid which means that your father is considered to have died if you are hindus your father and mothers property will devolve according to hsa


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India