Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Person not returning money  (Read 1724 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline gns

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Person not returning money
« on: May 07, 2015, 10:38:42 PM »
One of my friend(so called) took Rs 100000/- around 4 months back for some emmergency with commitment to return in one month. He specifically asked for cash. Therefore, I withdrew money from my bank account and gave him in cash (which now I think a bit mistake from my side)
Since then he tried to avoid returning my money giving many excuses and kept changing deadlines. When I have approached him many time he gave me a blank cheque with his sign on it and asked me to deposit on a specific date filling the correct amount. However cheque bounced.
Now, when I am approaching him asking the cheque is bounced and I can go in court against him. He is threatening me that he will tell in the court that "cheque was taken forcefully from him and in fact  he was trying to help me but could not help"
I am not sure what to do now.
Looking forward for any help from lawyers.

Offline saravanan.s

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 310
  • Karma: +23/-1
  • legal advisor
    • View Profile
Re: Person not returning money
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 10:49:28 PM »
since you dint make him sign a promissory note or an loan agreement for the amount you had given it would be considered only as a charity.
in cheque bounce case you need to show the court why your friend is liable to payv you money through cheque.for that you need to show solid proof only otherwise 138 nia is not maintenable

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Person not returning money
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 10:49:28 PM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India