Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

Author Topic: HARRASSMENT BY FATHER TO PRESSURIZE TO EVICT THE HOUSE  (Read 888 times)

Offline jdvirk

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
HARRASSMENT BY FATHER TO PRESSURIZE TO EVICT THE HOUSE
« on: May 08, 2015, 09:22:16 AM »
My father who is also a lawyer with considerable influence in legal, social and political circles purchased a plot and built a house with the proceeds of an undivided ancestral land. Later he transferred the house in my mother's name. Now he says I have no right over the house and I should leave it along with my wife and three kids. I have not been given my share of the property. He has sold off most of the ancestral properties and bought new properties in his, my mother's and my two sisters' names to show those as self-acquired. We live on the separate floors of the said house. He repeatedly cuts water and power supplies to the upper floor (where I live with my wife and kids ever since the house was constructed in 1984 and I was unmarried, as I have nowhere to go being denied my share of property), files false police complaints, has installed surveillance devices targeting the areas where I live. posted guards on the gates to refuse entry to my relatives, domestic help and friends. Moreover. last year, he filed a CWP in Punjab and Haryana HC under Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007 against me and my wife, citing the case of Justice Shanti Sarup Dewan vs Union Territory, 26 September, 2013. This case is still pending in the HC. The last hearing was on 23rd April and my father was expecting eviction orders against me and my wife. But the honorable court fixed the next hearing for August. Right the next day of the last case-hearing my father sent a handwritten and signed notice bearing 24/04/2015 date to me and my daughter through a Whats-app message to tell us to leave the house failing which he threatened that the power supply will be cut to the upper floor. He, my mother and my sisters together have made my and my family's life a living hell. Considering my father's financial. legal and political clout and I having next to no financial sources, we're living a terrible life and on the brink of giving up. My, my wife's and my kids' mental, physical and emotional health is suffering due to all these hardships imposed on us by denial of property. Kindly help and suggest immediate and long-term measures, while also considering the fact that I am unable to get proper legal help because of financial constraints and my father's influence in legal circle, with no lawyer ready to stand up for me against him. (My immediate concern is power being cut by 12th May. 2015 and the house to be got evicted by 31st May 2015 as per his threat through the above-mentioned notice).

Offline advamrita

• Veteran at Law
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: HARRASSMENT BY FATHER TO PRESSURIZE TO EVICT THE HOUSE
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 05:15:37 AM »
since the property is in his name he has the legal right to evict you.

are you paying him rent, if not staying in that property without his wish is trespassing, he can apply force as well.

Offline saravanan.s

• Veteran at Law
  • legal advisor
    • View Profile
Re: HARRASSMENT BY FATHER TO PRESSURIZE TO EVICT THE HOUSE
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 07:24:02 AM »
if you can prove that he had bought the self aquired properties by selling the ancestral properties then you can claim share in it.moreover you also have a share in the ancestral property (whichever is not sold till now) and you can file partition suit to claim your share

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India