Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Harrasement by false dowry claim by bride side for breaking engagement  (Read 2986 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline si2266@16

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Hi All, My family found a girl on a matrimonial site and with mutual consent we had an engagement in march '2015. We are from Uttar Pradesh and Bride side are from bangalore where engagement took place. We never made any dowry demand and only agreed to split marriage expense. Soon after Engagement , girl has a huge problem with my past relationships which were 2-3 years old and stopped all form of communication. We tried to talk to her and then her parents  but they started raising questions on my character. So after some thought we decided to end the engagement and inform them by calling and writing an email.
Now her father has send a detailed mail saying that " We threathened them to pay 5 Lacs and since he failed to do so we are cancelling , he is asking us to also pay for all the expenses he did while our stay in bangalore for engagement". Basically he is trying to harass us and take advantage and also threaten to lodge FIR.
I am very simple private employe in IT firm and feels like in which kind of hell I got myself into. But can you please how should I proceed further and how can i avoid all these hassels. Is it possbile to lodge FIR and get someone in Jail on false Dowry grounds?

Offline advmisthi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 227
  • Karma: +16/-3
  • Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
    • View Profile
the marriage isn't taken place THANK GOD.
now in this matter you simply make a police complaint informing them about the harassment.

take a receiving.

just let it be to this extent no need to lodge an FIR.

Now if they don't take it further the matter will end here, else this police complaint will come handy in due course of time.
Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
I am here to help, Shoot your legal problem to me, I promise I will help

Offline saravanan.s

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 310
  • Karma: +23/-1
  • legal advisor
    • View Profile
dowry cases can be filed on the husband and inlaws even before marriage takes place.if the girl family files fir on you under dp3 and 4 since its a cognizable offence the police can arrest you without warrant.just read the supreme court guidelines regarding the arrest of persons  for committing an cognizable offence that could be served with less than seven years of imprisonment and insist that police should follow such guidelines during arrest
once fir is filed police will conduct investigation and if the accusation is found to be false they will close the case


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India