Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Procedure to obtain sanction for prosecuting government officers  (Read 1506 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline affroz

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
I am a government employee, and officers issued chargesheet to me with completely false and fabricated charges. They have neither conducted any fact-finding enquiry before putting charges on me, which was required as per law. Neither have they issued show cause notice to me.

I therefore wanted to prosecute them for imposing false charges, making false statements, mental torture and defamation.

But government officers are protected by section 197, under which no cases can be filed against them for the actions taken by them while performing their official duties without prior sanction of Central government or state government is the case may be.

These are colonial era rules, through which British officers were protected for their actions and the same thing is being continued up to date.
The problem is, when you apply for such sanctions, there is no time limit and nobody actually gives such a sanction.

In spite of litigation to scrap the section 197, Supreme Court did not scrap, but given a timeframe of three months within which if sanction is not granted by concerned authority, then it will be deemed as a sanction to prosecute the concerned erring official.

So whether, anybody can guide me about the procedure for obtaining sanction against railway officers, and to whom such an application should be addressed.

And whether court always accepts sanction as deemed a sanction after passage of three months.
Please suggest a suitable path.

Thanking you in advance


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India