Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
  Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: official second wife rights on property  (Read 1377 times)

Offline ramireddy84

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
official second wife rights on property
« on: June 08, 2015, 11:54:34 AM »
Hi,
I would like to explain my mother In-law’s family issue... Please advise me for taking decision on her issue.

my father in  law had two wives  due to his first wife doesn’t have children’s at the moment then he decided to get married his first wife sister with all family members support including his first wife.
After his second marriage both wives got pregnant... finally first wife had 2 children’s (1 girl and 1 boy) and second wife had 3 children’s (3 girls) and all are staying in single home and passing days smoothly… but when my father in law passed away … then first wife giving troubles to his sister (second wife) she is always telling that your are not legal wife. But second wife has all proofs.
My father in law has 4.5 acres land along with 12 plats apartment including living home…. both wives are continuing to stay together in the same home after my father  in law pass away.
One find day both (wives) are decided that, in this situation they will not finish there all daughter’s wedding without money... So they diced to give ½ acres (50 cents) land to each daughter and same they completed registration and property documents also given to their daughters.

Finally all their daughters got married without any problem. Now only son is waiting for his marriage (First wife son) 

First wife son completed registration of property to his name including home and land of 2.5 acre’s) without explaining to his step mother. He given only 7 cents land to his step mother. When they went for property registration to his son, he promised that both mothers are equal (own mother and step mother) and I will take any decision after both mothers are accepted only.

But after registration completed he is not respecting to his step mother... First mother and her daughter and son not considering step mother and her daughters and son in laws. They treating her like slaves.

They are not giving single rupee to his step mother even if she is not feeling well and also she faced lot of issues with from first wife family side. Due to this situation she decided to come out from the house and decided to go to court for judgment...
Currently she came out from home and staying in her daughter’s home getting treatment for mental and physical recovery..
Note that the whole property my father in law got from his ancestral. Only he build home his own .

Please let me know that what kind of right my mother in-law ( second wife) has on existing property including home  property and how she get it from the court  and whom she need to communicate for this issue . Please help her with your value be advice...

Thanks in advance...
Ramireddy

Offline advarjun

• Sr. Legal Expert
  • Advocate Arjun India's Finest legal expert
    • View Profile
Re: official second wife rights on property
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 06:08:34 PM »
Second wife cannot be given legal rights by court. If it does than second marriage will become legal.

the father in law should have made a WILL to bequeat a portion of his assets to second wife, that was the only way.

as of now since the property is already transferred to the son's name without opposition so nothing can be done.

going to court would be complete waste of money time and mental peace.
Advocate Arjun India's Finest legal expert

Offline kphk

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 05:22:42 AM »
Dear friend, the second wife will also have equal share in the property. It is advisable to quickly file a case claiming share in the property. The first wife's son's act is not valid in the eyes of law and it can be challenged and also undone if your pursue it. I am definitely sure that the son would have committed many legal mistakes while getting the property transferred in his name which can prove to be used to your advantage. So please act fast. All the best !

Offline ramireddy84

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 09:08:45 AM »
Thanks for your valubel information.. I will inform to my monther to file a case againest on her step son. and also could please let me know that... is there any impact on in the existing regestration  my wife (second wife dauhghter ) got 50 cents land ?? or also advise me  as she has any rights to file  case againest on her step brother regarding property share ?

Thanks in advance.

Ramireddy

Offline kphk

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 10:05:31 AM »
The father's wives and his children all of them have claim over the property. You will have to file a partition suit showing everybody as parties and all the properties. You will also have to reveal the facts about the share given to your sisters for their marriage and the property which stands in the first son's name asking for the cancellation of the deed from which he derives the title. Yes sir it the property of your wife has to be shown in the partition suit, but if you state that you have no objection in your sisters retaining the property that was given to them, it may be spared. This whole affair is a but tricky and has to dealt with care and legal prudence. If you need help you can write to me on hemanthsudha@yahoo.co.in. By the way I am from chittoor.

Offline ramireddy84

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 10:36:41 AM »
Thanks for your reply.. will meet you soon and share your contact no ..

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India