Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Mental disorder of my wife  (Read 1429 times)

Offline harry77

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Mental disorder of my wife
« on: June 22, 2015, 10:40:43 AM »
My wife and me are married for more than 5 years and could come to know about her schizophrenia after few days and carried on with her instead of that for few months. Later I realized it is not tolerable and could not carry on as I was always been lied by her parents.
Her angerness and bipolar nature made if very uncomfortable for me. I filed for divorce only after 1 year and its been nearly 5 years but the case is still going on in the court and wife is not ready for divorce. We don't have any proper evidences in our hand as per court standards. Is there any thing which I could do to end this marriage. It's been 5 year of harrassment of walking down to court often and without any conclusion.

Please advice me on how to proceed.

Offline kphk

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
Re: Mental disorder of my wife
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 10:51:20 AM »
Dude after all she is your wife. assume yourself in your wife's position and think what would you have expected of your husband. Take her to a good psychiatrist man. It can be easily controlled with modern day medication. Dont desert a person who is in need of help. She will be deeply obliged to you for this for the rest of her life. What makes you think you will not go crazy tomorrow for some unknown reason ?? And you think your parents will throw you out or try to get rid of you?? She is a part of your life now. Talk to her parents and take their help in seeking medical assistance.

Offline harry77

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 12:21:46 PM »
Mate, That's not so simple as that.
She stayed with me only for 2 months after marriage, she had bipolar disease 5 years prior to marriage and use to fight and quarrel with every one for basic things. she never had any liking towards me. Their parents hid this fact from me and when I found out they threatened me to do anything against me if I don't keep her with me. she is in worst state of her mind during and after marriage. It's a forced marriage for her done by her parents and now I am being forced to stay together. I feel my life is spoilt because of her and her parents.
It was unbearable and the only option for me is a divorce.

Offline advuma

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 08:22:56 PM »
 Just hanging around court and hoping upon hope that one day one judge will grant you divorce will never happen.

schizophrenia is a ground for divorce. withholding the crucial information at the time of marriage amounts to fraud/cheating.

file an application in court for medical examination of your wife for schizophrenia test.
if it comes out true than you will get divorce.

if u like my posting plz submit your comments

Hi, I am advocate Uma Saika, from Assam

Offline kphk

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 01:31:43 AM »
If u have any existing medical records then use them to prove that the mental disorder is preventing her from leading normal course of life or fulfilling marital obligations, but don't apply for the test because here is no established test for schizophrenia and to add to the facts many psychiatric disorders have similar overlapping symptoms and so there is a high possibility of disagreement between the doctors. Today one doctors calls it schizophrenia, tomorrow u term it as something else. Its very subjective.

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India