Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Pls help & guide - Urgent Parents property - Don't want to share - Sisters claim  (Read 1388 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline manomeet.ece05

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Hi Sir / Madam,

I am Krishna Chandra Mohapatra(KCM) from Baodh Office, Marshaghai Village, Kendrapara. I am eldest in family & alone son but have 3 sisters out of whom one is dead.
We were supposed to get some compensation paid from Indian Railways after taking our lands but my sisters have filed case for equal share as our parents are no more alive. I myself have spent my whole life expenses for marrying my sisters, father's funreal, mother's funreal and many others.

Also I had paid and purchased some lands in my village on my father's name from my college schlorship money which my sister's have sold without my consent and authority when father was alive. But since I had paid for those lands I would like that compentation now or a legal case for the lands to be sold back to me.

After all this expenses and care which I have taken for my family and sisters, my 2 sisters claim that all property to be partitioned between 4 parties (KCM & 3 sisters) equally. 

Kindly help us justify what is possible as a case for same was registered for indian railways money and they are claiming equal share as well. How is it possible when

I have done all sisters marriage and also they sold some property without my consent which I had purchased and also claiming equal share of left over property.
Please do note that I am not willing to share any as I have contributed much more when needed and now its not possible to share any further.
Thank you.

Krishna Chandra Mohapatra
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 09:26:32 PM by manomeet.ece05 »

Offline advocate-lyngdoh

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 198
  • Karma: +5/-1
  • Member of Shillong Bar Association
    • View Profile
As par law since the property is in your father's name and in the event of him not leaving a WILL the properties in your father's name will be equally shared.

thats the law.

you spending for your sister's marriage is a moral responsibility, law does not force you to pay for your sister's marriage hence it will, not be considered a defence
Advocate Lyngdoh
Laitumkhrah, Shillong


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India