Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
  Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Need advice about tenant evacution and Kulkayda in Maharashtra for home  (Read 1638 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
I have tenant who possess 10*9 single room from last 37 years in Sangli Maharashtra. He doesn’t have water supply but electricity from my meter. Any kind of agreement doesn’t sign at that time. From last 12years he doesn’t pay any rent but still I provide him electricity. He already took another property on rent from other owner. So I given him oral warning for evacuate but he gave me reasons like doesn’t get home, he is searching home etc.

My questions are
1) Can he claim property ownership through KULKAYDA after 37 years of stay?
2) What steps I need to take for evacuate tenant?
3) Can I disconnect his electric supply?
 So please guide me in this regard.

Offline Advocate M.Bhadra

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 153
  • Karma: +4/-3
  • Sr.Lawyer
    • View Profile
    • law empowerment
1)No, he can not claim adverse possession on rented room.

2)Send a legal notice to the tenant to calling him to vacate and quit the rented room for your own use.Being failing which you can file a Suit for Eviction of Tenant on reasonable requirement ground under respective State Tenancy Act

3)No, emergency supply, disconnection may lead to a criminal case.

M.Bhadra,Advocate at Kolkata,9836589246

Offline kphk

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 167
  • Karma: +6/-5
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
For the past 12 years he has not been paying rents, it may amount to adverse possession. You need to act fast and also with caution.


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India