Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Legalizing of marrriage  (Read 1612 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline pradeep_1981

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Legalizing of marrriage
« on: July 09, 2015, 10:52:15 AM »
My marriage was an arranged marriage and i got married to this girl in May 2011. But later found out that she was underage at the time of marriage. The girl parents produced a fake birth certificate and was produced in the church. They issued the marriage certificate on the lines of that.

I submitted this marriage certificate for my passport up-gradation to include my wife's name. Now my wife is trying to applying for her passport and the primary Date of Birth document ie., SSLC/10th Class certificate shows a different birth date and doesn't match with the age which is in marriage certificate.

Now i am in a fix how to correct the things. As she is major now shall i re marry her. Please advise me here

Offline advkkreddy

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 163
  • Karma: +5/-3
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Legalizing of marrriage
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 08:45:52 AM »
don't ask us what to do, thats your decision.

presenting fake documents is a punishable offence your in laws should be booked for it.

they have misled the church which is a serious matter
Champion in law of Torts in India

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Legalizing of marrriage
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 01:20:11 PM »
It is not so complicated. The situation is that when you married your wife, she was child. Therefore, till she reached 18 years, the marriage can be made void by her parents. Now when she reached 18 years, she became major and it is totally depends on her decision that whether she is willing to continue the marriage or not as the marriage is voidable. If she wants to continue her marriage then the question of voidable terminates henceforth.


To avoid complication, make your wife an oath before the 1st Class Judicial Magistrate in respect of her actual age, birth place, etc, etc, and further she must declare that she accepts you as her husband and she accepts her marriage in full aware without any compulsion and/ or at gun point.

If your marriage has been registered, then also you need not required to remarry her and/ or register your marriage once again as it will be foolish idea and may create more legal complications.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Legalizing of marrriage
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 01:20:11 PM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India