Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Air ticket cancellation by Air India  (Read 600 times)

Offline schn2342

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Air ticket cancellation by Air India
« on: July 13, 2015, 07:40:22 AM »
Hello

I booked 4 return tickets from Chennai to Colombo via Delhi for travel in October 2015. Booking was done on cleartrip and airlines was Air India. There was some offer going on and we got each ticket for Rs. 3800 for return. Booking was confirmed and we got confirmation emails from cleartrip and air india both.
One month later we got call from Air India asking us to cancel the ticket and book again at had higher fare as there was some 'technical mistake' by cleartrip. We refused. Then we got calls from cleartrip offering full refund or additional Rs. 6000 per passenger to keep the ticket valid. We refused both offers and wanted to fly on same ticket. Then on 30th June I checked Air India website and the ticket showed as cancelled. On cleartrip website though the ticket still shows valid.
My point is can Air India forcefully cancel my ticket without my consent just due to fare. As far as I understand Air fares are dynamic and fare at time of booking is valid once confirmed. Kindly suggest how should I proceed legally to get my ticket restored and fly as per my schedule. Alternately they can arrange me on another flight.

Thanks
Sunil

Offline kphk

• Veteran at Law
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Air ticket cancellation by Air India
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 10:56:18 AM »
As long as you don not have any personal intimation that your tickets have been cancelled you have no cause of action to proceed against the airlines. The terms and conditions of the airlines before booking the tickets will clarify your doubt about unilateral cancellation of the tickets by the airlines due to some reasons. Even if your tickets are cancelled you will to be compensated in some other way. Write a mail to the airlines referring to your issue and get it sorted out at the earliest. If they acknowledge that they have cancelled your tickets, you can then proceed against them in a consumer forum and seek relief, the acknowledgement is to rule out the possibility of website server error or reflection of some internal confusion.

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India