Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: What amount of Alimony should I ask for?  (Read 1157 times)

Offline poojadsr

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
What amount of Alimony should I ask for?
« on: July 14, 2015, 11:35:57 AM »
I am married to my husband for 6 years. For first 2 years n marriage, I was working after which because of fights between us, I got upset and lost job. I have tried to get back to my career and managed to set up a small freelance business that earns me in range of 10,000 to 30,000 per month. My earning depends on my capacity to deliver. We have a 2 year old son and have now decided to take divorce. We are living in a rented apartment in Mumbai paying 21k rent. My husband gets 1 lakh and 5 thousand of his salary per month. We both are BE and MBA graduates. I am 32 years old and my husband is 34. What would be the fair amount I can ask him? i case of monthly maintenance and in case of lump sum? If I take monthly maintenance and get a job within a few months then can he apply for a revise? I am going to take custody of my child. Will I face any binding on doing job or not in the case? regarding property, he does not own one specifically but his parents own a bungalow in other city. he also has a car loan where he has to pay around 16500 every month. Other than that he has FDs and his parents have also done one FD for me.
Grounds of divorce are mental torture that he gives me by being abusive and his affair (the girl didn't say yes but he proposed the girl and if they have intimate relationships or not, I don't know. I have their whatsapp chats for past one year. Will they serve as a solid proof?)
I have also registered three complaints against him in police:
1. He hits me after drinking and threatens to kill
2. When society was fighting with me for house, he did not support me
3. I have a doubt that he has an affair and that we do not have any relation for 3 years (after I got pregnant)

I think, I have mentioned all considerations that were mentioned on this platform while discussing divorce and alimony matters but is there any other factor that is counted while doing alimony calculations? Please suggest what should be the fair amount that I should ask from him.

Offline advocate.kapilc

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: What amount of Alimony should I ask for?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 09:47:31 PM »
Mam,

Reading the facts of your case, I believe you should ask minimum for 25 lacs lump sum and  the amount would come to 20 after negotiation, but u should not compromise less than that ....

I thin you file a case for divorce on cruelty and if he offers you mutual consent then your demand should be 25lacs and not less than that, because I feel this amount to be justified.

Warm Regards
Kapil Chandna Advocate

Offline advmisthi

• Veteran at Law
  • Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
    • View Profile
Re: What amount of Alimony should I ask for?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 06:16:49 AM »
just settle down with whatever amount you feel is suitable, don't be greedy, if your hubby spends too much time in court than his fear of court will convert into a game than you will get nothing.

remember its the fear of getting out of court will fetch you the money.

very often it has been seen that when a person spends too much time in court over a considerable time, than that fear is converted to a game, if that happens you can forget it.

so be reasonable.
Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
I am here to help, Shoot your legal problem to me, I promise I will help

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India