Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: My article was published under a different name  (Read 1717 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline skgoelkanoon

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
My article was published under a different name
« on: July 16, 2015, 10:12:56 PM »
I am a US citizen and I am currently working for a company in India.  I wrote an article after putting in considerable amount of time and research.  The article was first sent in my name (the original and only author) to the publishing house.  Later the article was published in someone else's name, and this person had no contribution to the article.  The name of the author and photograph were sent to the Publishing House by the HR department of my company.  The HR head had malicious intent against me all along, and he sent the wrong name (possibly in collusion with the person whose name appeared against the article) not realizing the laws he was breaking. The publishing house knew that I was the original author but did not care to confirm the name they were actually publishing.  Or they did this in collusion with the company I am working with.

This is a criminal act as per Section 63 of Indian Copyright Act.  The company and its officials have stolen my article and published in some other person's name.  I want to seek my legal options here.

The Publishing House may put a corrigendum / errata note in the next issue.  If done, it will happen only after I raised a hue and cry about the incident.  Irreversible damage has already been done and I have lost significant future opportunities.  Will publishing of the corrigendum dilute my case?  Since I am a US citizen, can I file a case in US courts also?  The company I work for has not taken any action against the HR head.


Offline advarjun

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 168
  • Karma: +8/-0
  • Advocate Arjun India's Finest legal expert
    • View Profile
Re: My article was published under a different name
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 10:49:43 PM »
You are supposed to file an FIR first
Advocate Arjun India's Finest legal expert


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India