Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

Author Topic: Copyright for brand name suggestions on Company naming contests(crowdsourcing).  (Read 1033 times)

Offline arjun22985

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
I participated in a number of Company naming contests on a crowdsourcing website.I had submitted a whole lot of entries for every project along with exact match domain names,which is hard to find..Recently i discovered a great number of my submissions have been registered for domains & trademarks conspicuously a week or so from my date of submission on the contest(too many instances to be a coincidence) and the registrant names of the domains have been hidden in most cased with privacy locks.When i contacted the creative support,to enquire if the buyer could've registered the names illegally without making a purchase,they said they couldn't find any direct connections between the buyer and the registered domain names while they also suggested it could be a case of domain "frontrunning" where the site on which i searched for domain name availability could've stolen the data & registered the domains by themselves only to sell it for a higher price.Some of this entries of mine have evolved as a brand over the months.
I would like to know if this would come under copyright infringement or trademark infringement?
Though i haven't registered the trademarks for these names,i believe it to be my original idea for which i can claim the copyright.
The only evidence i have is the screenshots for the names & domains i have submitted on the contest,along with date of submission & the date the domain was registered(Whois database).Is that sufficient to make a claim for infringement.If so how do i proceed?Please assist.

Offline Robinrusewell

• Jr. Legal Expert
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
your issue is serious, if it is possible for you to contact me then drop me a message on 09425318625. so that we can discuss your issue and can solved it. Mention on the message that we had this discussion on

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India