Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Credit Card Stolen  (Read 982 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline bsnagi

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Credit Card Stolen
« on: July 20, 2015, 05:51:46 PM »
Dear Forum,

City : Kolkata, West bengal

This goes back to year 2003 when a Computer technician had visited by home and during the work, he took an opportunity to steal my Credit Card (issued by Standard Chartered Bank). When I received by Credit Card statement, I found that Rs. 32000 had been used out of the card to buy some Computer peripherals.

On the basis of strong suspicion I made a police complaint and gave the contact details of the technician. Police nabbed him the very 1st day of the complaint and recovered the goods he purchased using my card. I was called to police station. He admitted to the crime and begged for his relief.

Police wanted to make the case to which I insisted that let us make out of court settlement. But police was keen on making the case out of this.

On first hearing the Court had said that this will be investigated before the defendant is punished and I was asked to deposit Rs. 30,000 as a bond amount and take the goods with me, the ones he had purchased. The condition was that when case was settled I needed to bring the goods back and take my bond money.

I fell into this and then  resumed my regular activities. Meanwhile I had thought that the case has been closed and I did not follow this at all from my end.

To my utter surprise I was informed by my neighbor that Police had come to my apartment and submitted a notice for the hearing in court. Since I was not present, I asked my friend to talk to police and see if the date can be changed by 6 months or so.

When my friend contacted the police he wanted Rs 1000 to defer the date by 6 months.
I need advise as am sure that the police will come back to me again with another date hearing and will ask for money again.

I need advise as how I can close this case for good to escape harassment of police / court.


Offline advamrita

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 186
  • Karma: +7/-1
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Credit Card Stolen
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 08:47:21 PM »
now the case is registered you have to follow it as the matter involves you.
in the next hearing before the magistrate tell the judge you do not want to pursue the matter any further.

and want to solve it out of court. see if the judge agrees


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India