Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
  Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Pls suggest!! How do i proceed for Cheque Dishonoured?>  (Read 1893 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Subhendu

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Pls suggest!! How do i proceed for Cheque Dishonoured?>
« on: July 25, 2015, 07:35:26 AM »

After following up with builder for more than 7 months, i got two partial post dated cheques from builder towards the refund for my cancelled booking. At that time they took a receiving from me on a xerox of both cheques.
And after a month when i presented 1st cheque, it got dishonored with reason "Fund insufficient". I contacted and personally met the builder's representative on the next working day who is taking care of that project. He asked me to give back the cheque (which was dishonored) and a cancelled cheque of my saving account and said he will ask the account team to do the RTGS to my account. I said am not willing to give back the cheque at the moment and insisted him to request the account section to let me know when next i can present the cheque again to the back for withdrawal. Then after confirming he said to present it next working day. So i did present both the cheque on day before yesterday.Today i got the message that both cheques are dishonored again but with reason stated as "Exceeds agreement".

So i contacted back the builder representative after receiving the message , he rudely said i had told you to give back the cheques and would have done the RTGS. I said him if you really wanted to do the RTGS why didnt you do that on the first hand rather handing me the bogus cheque and on that he was saying you are lucky one who at least got the cheque and blah blah. I am really scared and confused.

Can anyone pls suggest what i should be doing. Shall i proceed with the notice as I got to know I am supposed to get it done with in 30 days of receiving the date of receiving “Cheque Return Memo” from the bank((7 days already passed).
Or shall i trust the builder on the RTGS transfer?

Pls suggest and do let me know if i can reach to any advocate in gurgaon/delhi for the same.

Subhendu .
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 07:41:04 AM by Subhendu »

Online advkartik

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 157
  • Karma: +4/-0
  • I this is advocate kartik, ask me your law query
    • View Profile
Re: Pls suggest!! How do i proceed for Cheque Dishonoured?>
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 11:10:56 PM »
Send a legal notice, after the 30 days waiting period file for cheque bounce case both civil and criminal case

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Pls suggest!! How do i proceed for Cheque Dishonoured?>
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 06:13:25 AM »
Please disclose that what you had booked. If it is a flat then you have more quicker relief with compensation with litigation cost. You can seek Consumer Forum. It will take hardly 8 months to get order which is absolutely enforcible with 1st class judicial magistrate power. NI act case will take minimum 3 years to get order which may or may not succeed.

You can contact me for further consultation and advice.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Pls suggest!! How do i proceed for Cheque Dishonoured?>
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 06:13:25 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India