Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Appeal in higher forum  (Read 1141 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Sakib11

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Appeal in higher forum
« on: July 30, 2015, 09:58:47 AM »
I have filled a case in consumer District fourm. The Opposite party filled an application to cross examine the witness of complainant, which was dismissed and case was put for final argument. The OP not ready to argue the case, informed forum that they are going to file an appeal in state commission against the above said order. The forum grant them weeks time. I want to know , was this adjournment reasonable because there was no directions from higher court or commission to stay the proceedings

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Appeal in higher forum
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 12:02:02 PM »
Firstly, it is not clear from your statement that why the district forum have dismissed the petition for cross examination to the complainant.

Secondly, The adjournment given by the district forum on the date of final argument is partly reasonable. The forum should have imposed cost of Rs.500/- upon the opposite party for asking for adjournment on future/ unpredictable event.

Thirdly, you should have lodge caveat before the state commission against the opposite party for any Revision Application/ Misc. Appeal.

Finally, you should understand the proceedings of the C.P. Acts. Please go through the Rules of the C. P. Act and if you have engaged a lawyer, then his performance is questionable and you must look into your case more seriously.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Appeal in higher forum
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 12:02:02 PM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India