Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
  Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: My Parents had a wrong surname in the document. How to correct it?  (Read 2142 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline bvramesh219

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Hi Sir,
My Name is Ramesh Babu Bhimavarapu. I am writing this mail regarding a problem with my Father’s Surname

My father name is “Ranganayakulu”, aged 62. His Original surname that came from his parents is “Bhimavarapu”. At his 10th class, the school clerk entered his surname as “Velugoti” instead of “Bhimavarapu” by mistake. The same mistake carried over to his 10th Class Mark list and further education documents. He got State government job based on his education. So the same mistaken name carried over to his job related documents and records. Since my father doesn’t have sufficient knowledge about correction mechanisms, he couldn’t take any corrective steps.He is retired now. Now All his education and job related documents have INCORRECT surname(VELUGOTI). On the other side he got some other documents like ration card which got based on his name on his paren’t ration card which has Original Surname(BHIMAVARAPU). The other set of document which are derived based on his ration card like VoterID, Bank accounts, Land and house documents have his ORIGINAL Surname(BHIMAVARAPU). And all his kids(including me) carrying his ORIGINAL Surname(BHIMAVARAPU) as per the ration Card. Since my father has these 2 sir names, the same thing carries over to my mother. Some of the documents where my father carries “VELUGOTI” as surname, she also carries “VELUGOTI”. In some other documents where my father “BHIMAVARAPU”, my mother also carries “BHIMAVARAPU"

The crux of the story is, he has legal documents which has 2 different Surnames. His Kids and His parents has only one surname. Now How can we correct and clean this mess without creating more problems now and in future? What are the best solutions and options does we have?

Offline advsarmaroy

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 202
  • Karma: +3/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: My Parents had a wrong surname in the document. How to correct it?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 09:25:05 PM »
Best would be that your parents make an affadivit to make a self declaration and clear the matter.

so that after their demise this will not affect the succession process.
Advocate Sarmaroy
Corporate lawyer / Real estate law expert

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1521
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: My Parents had a wrong surname in the document. How to correct it?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 12:21:41 AM »
To correct the name of your parents they must take an oath by submitting affidavit before 1st Class Judicial Magistrate. Further you must make a paper publication in brief about the such correction. Then it will be effective.

For further clarification you can contact me.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India