Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Have been through severe forms of domestic violence in the hands of in-laws  (Read 1747 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sakshis

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Dear Sir,

I got married in 2012 - it was a love cum arranged marriage. I have been going through severe domestic violence (mental as well as physical) in the hands of my in-laws and husband. My husband once (in August 2013), in a fit of anger, broke two of my teeth. However, I never disclosed it to anyone, thinking it will bother my family. He kept hitting me with fists, slaps, every now and then on the instigation of in-laws, all for petty issues (there are or were no real issues as such). In January this year, he had beaten me so bad that the neighbours also got to know, and I had to involve my parents. They also tried to settle the issue amicably - but all in vain.

My mistake - I never collected or saved any proofs of all these merciless beatings, not even when he broke the teeth. However, he has been really really smart in recording all my calls, conversations, text messages, and what's app messages to him - wherever i may have said bad things to him after his beatings.

Only the last time (in January 2015), I went for a medical examination and saved some proofs.

He has now himself applied for a contested divorce against me citing domestic violence. His mother also registered an FIR against me citing absolutely false and baseless domestic violence allegations. In addition, they all (husband, MIL, FIL, SIL) one night conspired (in July 2015) and ran away from the house where we all lived together and the house is jointly owed by husband and FIL). I have since then been staying alone in this house and have no clue of their whereabouts. I kept calling all of them - but o one was responding - he just said ow i will see you in the court.

My husband, however, suddenly came home yesterday and tried to convince me for mutual consent divorce - and warned that he will spoil mine and my parents future by putting false character-related allegations against me. He also warned me repeatedly to vacate the house.

I request your guidance here. I am innocent, have always only and only tried to change them with more and more love and respect - but nothing ever worked - in fact, it turned against me. Now I am done and want to go for a divorce. But, i also want to teach them a lesson or at least get  alimony (my parents went out of their capacity to spend ~15-20 lakhs in the wedding).

I work with an MNC, and earn almost as much as my husband does. Please guide on the avenues available with me. - Thanks

Offline advkkreddy

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 163
  • Karma: +5/-3
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
What do you want? Tha aspect is not mentioned.
Champion in law of Torts in India

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
"The crime is getting increase not due to the bad people but due to the silence of good people." This statement is absolutely fits in your situation. When your husband has broke your two teeth, then you should have understood of his violent nature.

Anyway, you are now been advice to lodge FIR against all in laws under Section 498A and all relevant sections or file a case under Domestic Violence Act after consulting a good lawyer. If you have been treated by dentist for teeth incident then you can collect a duplicate copy of medical report from the doctor. You have to narrate all the incident in details with the ingredients of relevant provisions. You can claim for maintenance from your husband.

If your husband file a divorce case against you the you have to contest it for dismiss his case. You should not sign or agree to give him mutual divorce.

If further situations cropped up you can contact me. If you are satisfied with my suggestion and advice, please click the 'Applaud' just left hand side of this post.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India