Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: URGENT: Financial Obligations of Daughter in Law  (Read 1767 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Sweetsaggi

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
URGENT: Financial Obligations of Daughter in Law
« on: August 10, 2015, 02:10:38 AM »
I and my husband are married since year 2007. i.e now 8+ yrs of marriage. Last year I got to know that he has a love affair with his office colleague. When I exposed him in front of his parents, he started to defend himself and started to blame  me that I am not a good wife and I harassed him. And he continues to fight with me every now and then for petty issues and wanted me to go out of his house for 6 months, to see whether he can live without me or not, for which obviously I denied. And he and his parents did not agree on his affair as I was not having enough proofs to show.
His parents shifted him to other floor of the house in Feb 2015. Since then we are living separately.
I have a 5 yrs old daughter whose school fees is paid by my husband.
I am also working as a college lecturer in pvt college. He earns around 1 lakh and I get 50k pm.
My in laws are retired and we have same kitchen.
Now my in laws are asking me to give contribution in house and electricity bill of the floor in which I am living.  They gave me reason that they are retired and can not afford. And they told me that same amount and bill will be contributed by my husband for his expenses.

My question is "Am I legally bound to pay them money and electricity bill" ,Please guide me in view of my current situation. I will be highly obliged if I get early reponse.

Offline advshelly

  • Jr. Legal Expert
  • **
  • Posts: 73
  • Karma: +2/-1
  • Advocate Shelly is a Top Notch Learned Council
    • View Profile
Re: URGENT: Financial Obligations of Daughter in Law
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 07:46:16 PM »
Your in laws are not responsible for your maintenance, your husband is.
hence they have the right to ask you to pay for it.
Advocate Shelly is a Top Notch Learned Council

Offline saravanan.s

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 310
  • Karma: +23/-1
  • legal advisor
    • View Profile
Re: URGENT: Financial Obligations of Daughter in Law
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 02:08:08 AM »
i agree with adv shellys views

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: URGENT: Financial Obligations of Daughter in Law
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 12:29:39 PM »

As per your query, you are not legally liable/ bound to pay electricity charges or any other charges. I would like to say that your husband had married you after having knowledge to maintain you in equals to his standard of living. There is no law regarding payment of electricity charges and/ or any other expenses shall be share by a wife/ daughter-in-law, even she is a working and earning lady.

It is a trick by your husband as well as by in-laws for making you payment of electricity charges which will create evidence in favour of your husband to avoid paying you maintenance once you file a petition under Section 125 of Cr.P.C.

It is my suggestion, you should not bear any expenses of your matrimonial house. It is situation, you have to take each and every steps carefully as you have unveiled the deep dark secrets of your husband. There are lots of suggestions which cannot be given here due to professional reasons. You can contact me either over phone or via email.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India