Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Legally who is having rights?  (Read 912 times)

Offline get_sundari

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Legally who is having rights?
« on: August 11, 2015, 04:54:30 AM »
Dear Sir/Madam,

General Query:

If a person has received a piece of land from his/her father/mother through a settlement deed and constructed an house through his/her own earnings then

1. what rights do he/she posses in that property legally?

2. Does he/she has the right to sell the property?

3. Whether he/she has to take concurrence from their childrens since it is an ancestor property.

-----------------------

I have 4 brothers. My grandmother purchased a land and later she settled this property to my mother through a settlement deed. My mother took loan and constructed the house.

10 years before without telling us my mother has settled this house to my youngest brother. Now my younger brother is saying it is HIS property and he is the owner.

We came to know this matter recently. My mother is still live and now she has realised that she has made a mistake and wanted to correct and divide it equally to all 5 of us.

Since it is an ancestor property and my mother has received the above mentioned property through her mother,

seek expert advise from your end and grateful if you can provide your response individually to the queries mentioned below instead of giving a consolidated response

1. Can my mother make settlement to only one son directly? Is it legally valid?

2. Myself and other 3 brothers, do we have legal rights now to claim share in this property? If so, what is your advise?.

3. If a case has to be filed, whether it should be against my brother or mother?

Thanks for your response in advance

Offline advmisthi

• Veteran at Law
  • Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
    • View Profile
Re: Legally who is having rights?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 07:11:22 AM »
If the property is in your name than fine. You can do whatever with it including sell it.
Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
I am here to help, Shoot your legal problem to me, I promise I will help

Offline get_sundari

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 12:13:06 AM »
Madam,
Thanks for your response.

But when i consulted an Advocate today he said, if it is not self earned property by my mother and even the settlement has been made to my mother by my grandmother, my mother cannot become the owner of the property.

He said my mother can only enjoy thr property but doesn't have rights to sell the property even if she has constructed an house on her own.

If my mother has to sell the property then she hast to take the concurrence / sginature from her childrens as they are the legal heirs and gand chidrens are having full rights in the ancestor property.

In your response it is mentioned " If the property is in your name than fine. You can do whatever with it including sell it."

The view which i got from my advocate and the one which you have mentioned  are contradicting.

Can you kinldy clarrify and advise accordingly which is legally correct.

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 03:51:11 PM »
Answer to the Query no. 1
No, Deed of Settlement cannot be made in a single person favour. There must be some other person.So, I dont think there is any validity of that purported deed until I see the documents in softcopy or hardcopy.

Answer to Query no. 2
If the property is in your mother's name and she is still alive then you cannot claim on that property till her death.

Answer to Query no. 3
Question does not arise at all when you have no right to your mother's property.

Above all answer is based on the statements and queries put by you. Proper suggestions can only be given after verifying the documents, deed and titles of the property. You can contact me over email or phone for further discussion and clarification

Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India