Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Money borrowing agreement  (Read 1172 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Anil Kagi

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Money borrowing agreement
« on: August 15, 2015, 01:52:30 AM »
Hello to everybody,

A friend of mine is requesting money from me. And I would like to oblige. I have not decided whether I should take interest on it or not, because I want to give only for a short term, like for only 2-3 months. But if he is unable to repay it for longer than say 6-12 months, I would want him to give me interest of at least, what a bank would give me, say 10% per annum.

I do not have a lender's license. I want to take a signed cheque, without date, from him, and get an agreement hand written by him, on a stamp paper of appropriate value, and mention in it that he should repay within an year. And mention the details of the cheque given to me, and also mention that he authorizes me to en-cash it, if I need the money any time after six months.

I am having some apprehensions regarding this. They are;
  • Can I do this even though I do not have a license to lend money?
  • Would the agreement have to be signed by a licensed stamp writer?
  • Can only the two of us be the signatories on the agreement, and not have any witnesses. I.E. are witnesses mandatory?
  • Or should I have to get the agreement signed by a notary?
  • Can the agreement be hand written?
I would be grateful if you learned people could help me in this regard. Please kindly guide me to the appropriate steps that I need to take.

Thank you all.

Anil Kagi


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India