Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Court Marriage in Rajasthan : Do I need to be physically present to submit form  (Read 1570 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline nandu

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Both me and the girl I am getting married to lives in the same city in Rajasthan. However, I currently live outside the country and will not be able to be physically present in front of the registrar to submit the forms for court marriage (one month prior to the schedule date). However, she is there and can submit the forms. I plan to to reach India few days prior to the scheduled court marriage . Is that acceptable per India Court Marriage Laws, or do I also need to be present while submitting the forms one month prior the the scheduled marriage ?


Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
You have two options to get your marriage register considering both of you are Hindu.

1st - You can go Special MArriage Act, where you both groom and bride is required to be present at the time of applying the same and after expiry of 30 days of notice period, you can register the same within next 60 days. But it should be done prior to getting social marriage i.e. marriage performing hindu rites and rituals.

2nd option - You get married with the girl and after completions of all rituals and customs. You can register your marriage under Hindu Marriage Act. Total days will take 14 to 15 days from the date of apply.

Now you choose which one suits your time and convenient as both are absolutely valid in the eye of law. For further enquiry you can call me.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Offline advlaxmanadvani

  • Professional legal Expert
  • ***
  • Posts: 75
  • Karma: +3/-5
  • Advocate laxman Advani from Ahmedabad
    • View Profile
Court will not work as par your convenience, Its your work you have to follow the rules and you know very well the rules.

your best option is to do social marriage than register it later on, that will be convenient for you
Advocate laxman Advani
 Ahmedabad legal Practitioner

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India