Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: claim on father's dues and house  (Read 1408 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sam123

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 15
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
claim on father's dues and house
« on: August 17, 2015, 02:11:58 AM »
i'm asked to submit uttaradhikar(succession) certificate in my dad's factory(govt. of india) to prove my claim for his funds etc after his death as someone else also has fraudly claimed it. please tell,

1. whether in case of contest over my claim for succession certi. my house which is an earned property by my deceased father, shall also be a subject of contest along with his funds etc.

2. Also tell how to transfer my father's house (only xerox of papers of which i have) to my mom's or my name.

Offline advlaxmanadvani

  • Professional legal Expert
  • ***
  • Posts: 75
  • Karma: +3/-5
  • Advocate laxman Advani from Ahmedabad
    • View Profile
Re: claim on father's dues and house
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 07:18:44 PM »
succession certificate is in relation to movable property such as locker, bank etc
NOT immovable property
Advocate laxman Advani
 Ahmedabad legal Practitioner

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1521
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: claim on father's dues and house
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 10:56:36 PM »
You father's property need not required to be transfer in paper. It already devolved upon you and your mother. If you have any sister and brother then the property also devolved upon them equally.

Considering that you and your mother are the only surviving heirs of your father. Then, you and your mother are the owner of undivided 1/2 share of the entire property left by your father. Now if you want to have that property in your favour your mother then you have to execute a Deed of Gift your half share of the said property in favour of your mother and register the same before the District Sub Registrar or any other competent authority. And if you want to be the owner of the said property then you mother is required to execute a Deed of Gift of her half share in favour of yours and register the same before the competent authority.

Regarding Succession Certificate, you have to file a Succession Case before the District Delegate Court with all particulars of his movable property with documents. You will get all money left by him. No one will contest save and except heirs and legal representatives of your father.

Hope you have got your remedy in respect of your father's property

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Offline sam123

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 15
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: claim on father's dues and house
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 01:37:18 AM »
so even a woman claiming to be father's second wife, can't claim on my father's house....
i hv to apply for succession cert. in court...but i don't want my house to be a subject of fraud being done... i've transferred the house on my name by lekhpal now. all i know that my father never married to anyone else so there shouldn't be any marriage certi. , all that woman have is a fake pan card, adhaar card, some hospital document where my father's name is mentioned as father of her children which i don't know how she managed to get.
now what should i do to keep my house safe and away from her, should i tranfer it to soemone i trust at home...even in that case if the other woman also claims for succ. certi. and gets it...then what about house.


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India