Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Grandfather's Property sold  (Read 1069 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline saubha

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Grandfather's Property sold
« on: August 17, 2015, 11:51:44 PM »

My grandfather relocated from Pakistan during partition and settled in Amritsar. He was eventually allotted a house under Compensation and Rehabilitation act 1954. He has 2 sons and 2 daughters. In 1997, within 10 days of death of my grandmother, my uncle (younger son of my grandfather) got a will executed from my grandfather with a major share in his name. My grandfather was in state of shock and proceeded with the will. The same will was cancelled later in 1997 when my grandfather realised what he had done. Again in 1999 a will was executed (under pressure and we have documentary proofs) in favour of my uncle. Later in 2001, the said property was sold to my uncle by my grandfather. My grandfather passed away in 2005. While we were unaware of these facts all these years. In 2015 July we got to know that my uncle is selling off the property and we immediately filed a suit for partition and injunction. Before the court could issue a stay, the sale deed was executed in favour of a third party, my uncle being the seller.
My Grandfather and my uncle stayed in the same property. My father, being in a transferable job, stayed out of city.

I have the below questions:

1. What is the legal status of this transfer (sale deed executed in 2001 and 2015)

2. Does my father hold any right to be compensated?

3. Is the property legally an Ancestral property?

4. What shall be the legal course of action in the above circumstances.

Thanks in advance.


Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India