Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
  Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: need help  (Read 1545 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline snehaksr

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
need help
« on: August 18, 2015, 03:09:37 AM »
Dear sir
I need help regarding property issue of my husband.  My husband taken property  in his 29 year  and that time he was working in nationalized bank.  He took in his name  in the year 1977 and having house document of purchase deed and society all papers like instrument transfer in the AGM of society all those papers are in my husband name only.  He got married in the year 1989 and his marriage was not consummated and he got divorce in the year 1991 by lawful settlement to his first wife is settled as per law.  My husband is very attached to his  parents and he wanted to take care of his parents due to that reason only his earlier marriage was broken as his ex.wife do not want to stay in joint family.  My husband got one younger brother (10 year younger) and he is also working in nationalized bank and he got married and he do not want to take responsibility of parents so he left parents and he took his wife and kid stayed separately.  In the meanwhile my husband’s parents died  (first father and followed by mother)  so his younger brother do not want his elder brother getting remarried as he was thinking he marries then brother house will be as after parents death elder brother kept younger brother as “Nominee” for his flat.  When elder brother came to know that younger brother not interested to about his marriage, then without his knowledge elder brother (my husband) married to me by court marriage ( Registered marriage) and after the marriage my husband changed house nomination in his wife name by filling all society formalities. When younger brother came to know his elder brother marriage, he is now saying that he wanted share in elder brother’s flat and he is claiming that elder brother took flat in father’s share of money but in reality father has not given single penny to buy and the money my husband used from his saving and he has already flat in his name by selling that.  My husband younger brother already got 2 houses one in his name and another one in his wife name still he says he is having share in my husband’s flat.
What younger brother demands is right in eyes of Law?  My husband’s flat is only his hard earned money and all document is in his name no where is parents name is mentioned accept nomination of his mother and after his mother death he nominated his younger brother that time my husband was not married and after marriage he changed nomination but  younger brother was not happy of his marriage so he claims he has right in brother property. 
Does he got really right? My husband is retired and he does not have pension also we have only this house for our future living.
So please guide me  how to handle this case if he puts case?
Your valuable advise will help us to move forward

Offline advRanjithRajagopal

  • Sr. Legal Expert
  • ****
  • Posts: 108
  • Karma: +2/-0
  • adv.Ranjith Rajagopal
    • View Profile
Re: need help
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 02:48:31 AM »
If the property is in your husband's name than he has exclusive right to do whatever he wants with his property.
His brother has no claim on that as long as your husband is alive.

your husband should remove the name of his brother from nominee as soon as possible.

and make a WILL for all his assets so that after he is no more there should not be any issues
adv.Ranjith Rajagopal

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: need help
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 02:42:21 AM »
Considering your statement to be genuine, your husband's brother cannot claim anything from his flat not he can take any legal actions against your husband. He can only harass him unnecessarily which can be stopped by lodging a simple complaint before the local police station.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: need help
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 02:42:21 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) © 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India