Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: House Owner Not Returning the Advance Money Paid  (Read 1218 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Gowtham Sadasivam

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • IT Guy, Cyber Security and Interested in Law
    • View Profile
House Owner Not Returning the Advance Money Paid
« on: August 18, 2015, 03:16:28 AM »

I live in Bangalore. An year before I with three of my friends moved into a new rented house of 10800 rupees and paid the advance as 60000 rupees with both parties signing an agreement (Unfortunately the original was with the house owner and we have copy of it). Three months before we vacated the house asking the owner to return the advance money. As per the agreement he will deduct a month rent from the advance money for renewing the house for the next tenant. Initially the owner said he will return the money 49200 rupees (= 60000 - 10800) within a month, but we didn't believe in his words so we said we'll stay in the house for one more month and the owner has agreed to return the money 38400 (= 49200 - 10800) by end of the month.

As soon as a month was gone, we asked for the money from owner. Again this time he said some random excuses and said will return it in another month. Since we already took another house, we couldn't do anything much and vacated the house. Now it's been almost three months, still we didn't get our money from him. He always tell us some excuses and asking us to come some other day. we would have spent almost 2000 rupees only on the traveling to his place all these days.

Any legal advice on this, how can we legally demand the money from this greedy house owner without bribing the police or someone else will be really helpful. Thank you.

Offline advRanjithRajagopal

  • Sr. Legal Expert
  • ****
  • Posts: 103
  • Karma: +2/-0
  • adv.Ranjith Rajagopal
    • View Profile
Re: House Owner Not Returning the Advance Money Paid
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 02:49:50 AM »
send a legal notice that will do the trick
adv.Ranjith Rajagopal

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1521
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: House Owner Not Returning the Advance Money Paid
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 02:37:24 AM »
Sending an Advocate Notice will be just a evidence. If the landlord fails to pay you the same then you have to file a Money suit against him or you can place your matter before Lok Adalat.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India