Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

Author Topic: Can I be forced into rehab  (Read 1189 times)

Offline blazefire1

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Can I be forced into rehab
« on: August 19, 2015, 12:07:13 PM »
Firstly I don't have any drug problem. I don't do drugs at all. I don't have any addiction apart from cigarette. Alcohol about once a month, no chronic masturbation problem(don't know if it is considered an addiction in India), never have used any kind of narcotic drug, ever. Recently my brother threatened me he will send me to rehab just to prove that he can make my life miserable if he wants to. I am concerned if this is possible.
My brother himself recently came out of an alcohol rehabilitation program. He still continues to drink every other day. My father is in rehab for alprazolam dependency treatment. I am 22 years old, and even earn money to support myself to some extent. Given these circumstances can i be forced into rehab? The rehabilitation center my brother had a talk with is the same one where my father is admitted and they said they can very well put me in rehab for mental disorder if they wanted to but they don't want to(that's what they said to me, i don't know what they said to my brother).
My question is can they force into rehab treatment for any mental disorder? I am a functional man(an undergraduate student and provide home tutorial to high school students) can they force me into rehabilitation for any mental disorder(I don't think i am a threat to myself or any other individual) though I did suffer from anxiety and depression during my high school days abut not any more(there have been no diagnosis of this). Can they put me in rehab cooking up some mental health problem claims against me?
Any help will be greatly appreciated, i am worried that if my brother sends me to rehab I wont be able to continue my education for a long time and that will effect my career. ANd needless to say I don't want to be wrongfully imprisoned(kind of a paid prison) just because there is no law against it

PS- My mother was schizophrenia patient so i have about 10% chance of being one too(so does my brother) but I have never been diagnosed or been delusional or have had any kind of hallucination.

Offline advpriyaanand

• Jr. Legal Expert
  • Advocate Priya Anand, madras High Court
    • View Profile
Re: Can I be forced into rehab
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 04:46:33 AM »
If a doctor advice for rehab than yes you could be forced into it
Advocate Priya Anand,
Learned Counsel
Madras High Court

Offline AnshalS

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 05:16:27 AM »
I agree with advpriyaanand. If doctor advices then you could be forced into it. At rehab centres their motto is to make an individual's life healthier & happier.  :)

Offline fuzzylogic

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 12:48:44 PM »
If a doctor advice for rehab than yes you could be forced into it
but sometime ppl admit you for their own benefit by using their contacts ..............my question is if they falsely accused you n admit you for their own selfish motive by using their contact then what a victim can do

some siblings do this to take control on house bcoz  they dont want to share a house which is belong to your parents ,so easy way out is to accuse other being a patient of depression

is there not any law which can save a healthy n fit person to go under this treatment bcos these medicines play with your minds,especially those one which usually give to a person who is in depression .......if these medicine give to a healthy person that it will affect  their  sanity self confidence

Offline advjaibansal

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 02:23:26 AM »
Dear Sir,

You can file a criminal complaint in the concerned police station that you are apprehending all these things. Further based on the said criminal complaint, you may approach the Hon'ble High Court under article 226 of the constitution of india raising all these points seeking protection from the court.

If you are not insane, you cannot be sent to re-hab hospitals against your wish at any point of time. There are so many similar cases, where family members tried sent their relatives to mental hospital without there being any such problems and upon approaching the court, they have been given reliefs from the concerned high court.

Regards,
jai bansal, advocate
new delhi
supreme court of india
bansal.jai@gmail.com
jai bansal
Advocate, New Delhi
Supreme Court of India
bansal.jai@gmail.com
mobile: 09868566649

Offline lexcare

• Jr. Legal Expert
    • View Profile
    • LexCare Global Consultants Pvt. Ltd
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 10:57:15 PM »
I agree with. If doctor advices then you could be forced into it.

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India