Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Need Help for Cyber Fraud  (Read 1288 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Dwaipayan.Mojumder

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Need Help for Cyber Fraud
« on: August 20, 2015, 07:22:30 AM »
I was cheated by a gang of goons online for an amount of Rs. 35700/- in Aug 2013. That time, they called me and said that they are from Police and I have a due of Rs. 35700/- on my credit card which had to be paid immediately, and if not paid, they will arrest me. I was confused and I had transferred the money to them and after that discovered that they had cheated me. I lodged a police case and finally they were caught and now they are in Jail. Its been 2 years now the incident happened.
The accused party lawyer called me today and informed me that they are willing to pay me the same amount with interest for 2 years and I have to withdraw the case against them in that case.
He said that he will pay me the same amount with 10% interest which comes to something around Rs. 43000/-.

Honestly, after that incident happened, I was in shock and had to visit Psychologist for consultation and my family life was tremendously impacted. Now paying me the same amount with interest will not help as I had spend a lot on my treatment as well as I was mentally harassed.

Even I do want to have an out of court settlement and if they can compensate me well, I am OK with that.

My question is, how much amount I can claim for compensation for mental harassment in such a case? If so, what will be the maximum amount that I can cclaim as a Compensation apart from the Principal Amount and Interest ?


Offline advmisthi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 211
  • Karma: +16/-3
  • Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help for Cyber Fraud
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 09:59:25 PM »
you refer the matter to mediation and  finish it off quickly. take the amount with interest and drop the matter, with an undertaking that they will not bother you henceforth.
Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
I am here to help, Shoot your legal problem to me, I promise I will help


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India