Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Reliance Broadband threatening legal action  (Read 2781 times)

Offline Priyanka Mohan

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Reliance Broadband threatening legal action
« on: August 21, 2015, 03:03:30 AM »
I had a dongle from Reliance which was not functional, after several attempts to get them to close my account in March and April 2015, and not able to do so, I sent them a email informing them that I was not able to use the said device since December 2014, and despite several calls on their 1800 number had not been able to get them do so, i was formally asking them to stop service on the number and paid the bill payable in March.  This mail I sent on April 21, 2015. I got a call in July that the service on this device was being discontinued after that received another call on 06/08/15 that pay Rs 1109 or face legal procedure. I told them I had mailed, not received a reply and I was not liable to pay anything after April.  then I receive this mail from relizen:
Dear PRIYANKA MOHAN

Kindly refer to the Service Agreement entered into between Reliance Communications Ltd. and yourself for the provision of Reliance service.     

In terms of the said agreement, you were required to make payments for the invoices raised for the said service(s) from time to time on due dates as mentioned in the agreement. Invoices for every month have been sent to you.

As on date, you are required to pay for CAF No. 500004101843  MDN No. 9370435403 a sum of Rs. 1109  /- as per agreement.

Hence, should you have any queries concerning this matter, please contact us on below mentioned contact  number. We look forward to hearing from you to resolve this pending overdue amount at earliest.

Thanks & Regards

Ansari

What should I do? Because this is not an amount, which I cannot pay but its the tactic applied by Reliance that I find offensive, your device does not function, your customer care numbers do not get picked up and then you expect a customer who had been paying up until then regularly to pay you even after formally informing that they will no longer be using the device.

Please advice. 

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Reliance Broadband threatening legal action
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 10:04:44 PM »
Considering your facts and circumstances to be true and genuine subject to some exceptional situations and/ or contrary to prevailing law, I am answering your query as follows:

As you had sent email to the Reliance regarding not operation/ working of your dongle, since then you are not liable to pay any monthly rental charges as because you have not been able to use. Further when you have sent another mail for discontinuing the same, then question of payment of any rental cannot be imagine rather it would be an unfair trade practice on the part of the Reliance, if they force you again.

Now, it will be proper to send a strict letter/ mail with reference to your earlier mail regarding not working of dongle as well as discontinuation of service with dates and threat them not to send any such type of false claim otherwise you would take legal actions against them for unnecessary harassment
or
you can keep mum. Few notice and calls will come to you from their end which you have to controvert. If some threatening calls comes to you then you will counter threat them for lodging complaint against the calling person. Don't forget to ask the caller name with detail. As far as I believe the caller will never tell his/. her details. On that event just threat him/ her as disconnect the call.

If any further situations arise you can call me or email me the situations for further assistance and advice.
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

Offline Priyanka Mohan

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 06:07:21 AM »
Thank you Mr. Sanyal for your reply, much appreciated!

Now last few days I have been getting this mail:

Adv. A. U. SAKKARGE
BA, LLB, MLL & LW
Bldg No B-18, Flat No-A-1, Ground Floor, Kubera Park, Kondhwa, Pune - 411048
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINAL CHANCE

Ref No: Reliance ADV/CON Aug 2686

To,

PRIYANKA MOHAN

NAGPUR 440022

Re: Invitation for Conciliation as per provisions of Section 62 of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996.

CAF #  500004101843

MDN # 9370435403

Sir / Madam,

Under Instruction from and on behalf of our client Reliance Communications Ltd having its Office at KUBERA PARK,A1/B18,NEAR LULLA NAGAR CHOWK, KONDHWA, PUNE 411040.

1. You had availed Telephone/Data Card service from my client under CAF No:-   500004101843

2. That you have failed to adhere the terms and condition of the CAF agreement by not making the payment of the outstanding amount in time and the same was not paid despite repeated, request, reminder and personal visit made by my client.

3. That  on date an amount of Rs.  1109  /- is due and payable by you in the aforesaid CAF No to my client. However my client , in the interest of good customer relationship, intends to explore the possibility of a settlement, through process of conciliation and accordingly intends to refer the dispute to Mr. Ansari , who would act as a conciliator for an amicable settlement.

4. In case you are interested in settling the matter, amicably, and out of court, by the process of conciliation, as aforementioned, you are called upon to attend the conciliation camp, being organized at RELIANCE COMMUNICATIONS LTD, Bldg No B-18, Flat No-A-1, Ground Floor, Kubera Park, Kondhwa, Pune – 411040 On 28th Aug-2015  between 9 A.M. to 12 P.M & 3PM to 5PM . In case, however, you fail/avoid to come forward for conciliation, on the said date, the present invitation shall be deemed to have lapsed/rejected and in such event, our client shall be constrained to initiate appropriate legal proceedings against you to their logical end for the recovery of its dues at your risk, cost and consequence. The present communication may also be treated as a final opportunity from my client, towards the amicable settlement.

5. This is to put to your notice that in event of your rejecting the present invitation I have instructions from my client to initiate further appropriate legal proceeding for the recovery of the amount due from you.

6. This notice is issued to you without prejudice to the right and claims available to my client under the Terms & Conditions of CAF Agreement.

Please contact on Mobile No :  9373319132  for further information.

PLEASE NOTE:- If already settled or Account has been closed you are requested to please provide settlement letter or proof of payment.

Please advice what is the next step I can take? Or can this be ignored?

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 07:44:07 AM »
How this letter/ notice reached you. Is this has been sent via 'INDIA POST'  or something else. Until you reply me, I am unable to advice you properly.

You can send send email or contact me as given below for further communication.

Please click on applaud just left hand side of this post if you are satisfied with my advice or suggestion
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 07:47:28 AM by adv.amarnath »
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

Offline rohitkumarsangolkar

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 11:58:18 PM »
Hi, Even I am facing the same issue with reliance dongle. I had purchased the reliance wifi dongle on 20Aug2015 with 10gb plan (1000 rent/month) while selling the connection the sales rep Vishal (8888515794)had given me tons of promises that the connection is very good if you face any issues just give us a call and we will be immediately fixing the issue bla bla.... and since the connection was activated I wasnt able to browse the normal web pages also hence I started calling them at first he use to respond and later he never responded my calls so I went to their Store which is located in Yerawada near (Address: Plot No.250,Shop No.23, building no 6, Near Bajaj Alliance,, Airport Rd, Pune, Maharashtra 411006) and when they told me that the dongle is faulty but they cant replace it and they took my dongle for repairing, they kept my device for 13 days and returned by device on 14Sep2015 till then my bill was generated but I didnt pay the bill as I wasnt able to use the internet even, on 20Sep2015 reliance barred my connection due to non payment of bill and since then I have been receiving the calls from them to pay the bill.
I felt like cheated, now I have received an sms from reliance that pay the bill of 1500 to avoid the legal procedure please help what should I do now..

Offline advjaya

• Sr. Legal Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 08:04:03 PM »
Send a legal notice to reliance than file in consumer forum discrepancy of service.
Get your compensation.

Remember consumer is king
Madras High Court Advocate

Offline FrustratedRIM

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
Reliance Broadband threatening legal action
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 09:56:33 AM »
I bought reliance wi-pod max device, The guy from reliance communications "Vishal Kale - 8888515794 " promised me

1. device will be activated in 4 hours, on 6th Jan 2015 - however it's activated on 9th Jan.

2. He told me speed will be minimum 2 MBPS even if you keep your device inside Almira :( ... I kept it near window and it takes more than 1 minute to open google homepage .. :( ..such a ...

3. The guy told me I will get 24 gb in 500 - when I spoke with customer care bill for 10 days is 480 rs and my plan is 1299 :(

4. He sold me wi-pod max device at 3000 rs + 500 rs (advance fees for my plan) without bill - when I asked him about bill he told me he will mail me the bill still he didn't mail me.

I am totally frustrated with Reliance service, I am following up with this guy since 15 days he always says it will take 10 min more, so if I check my log - since 6th Jan total calls are 256 times.

I have wasted my valuable time, money and energy, and output is nothing but frustration :( ..

My Wi-POD max device number is 9373757445, kindly suggest me what should I do ?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 10:05:56 AM by FrustratedRIM »

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India