Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Wife entitled to get property share - not sure ???  (Read 1214 times)

Offline accadviser

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Wife entitled to get property share - not sure ???
« on: August 21, 2015, 04:47:39 AM »
Hi,

My wife has filed DV case and have also filed complaint in women cell against me half a year back.
Currently, we have mediation going on, which appears to be on the verge of failure as wife has demanded and adamant to get huge alimony to settle, which I can't afford.
(1) Now, I'm looking for advice on whether she can further claim and will be entitled as per laws to get share in my flat.
This flat, which I bought after marriage on my name only, is currently on loan and I'm paying EMIs by my own.
I have been reading articles and consulting lawyers, but I get different advices. Please suggest.

(2) If she is entitled for any share in this flat, what if, if I sell off this flat or transfer it to someone in my relation ?
Whether this can go as an adverse to me ?

Kindly suggest.

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Wife entitled to get property share - not sure ???
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 10:41:29 PM »
Generally permanent alimony settled down everything but I find, as per your version, that your wife is taking revenge from you as well as to some extend she is greedy on your wealth. So, better you should settle down this matter by paying a permanent alimony and get rid from her.

Now, in respect of your flat, you have not mentioned that your wife has any demand regarding half share from your property. Considering that if she demand through court then you should provide details of flat is under mortgage. Once it comes before the court that the property is under mortgage then court will not pass any order to give her half share from your flat. Generally, property is given when maintenance cannot be given or legitimate permanent alimony is being demanded by wife.

You cannot transfer the mortgage property/flat to your near relation which may affects you adversely in some where in future. One thing you can do, you can extend your loan period until you get rid of your wife.

For further enquiry you can call or email me.
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

Offline accadviser

• Newlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 11:59:16 PM »
Hi, So far, my wife hasn't filed or claimed for share in my property, but considering her demands, it seems she will not settle the matter at any less and this could be her next step. Hence, I was looking for answers about her legal rights on my property, while from some sources, I got to know that she has only residential rights, but she can not claim for share, kindly validate.

Further, I have two kids, whom she has taken along with her, while leaving the house (& City).
1) Whether should I file for guardianship at this stage or whether any other case can be filed from my side.
2) What should I do to prevent myself and my family (parents/brothers) from false case(we have always been living separately)?

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 09:44:12 AM »
If you failed to pay her maintenance as per the court orders on that event court may consider to get half share of your property.

1)Definitely you should have filed this very early stage under the Hindu Guardian and Wards Act. Now you can file it also.

2)You have to do nothing. False case can be quashed from High Court.
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

Offline advamrita

• Veteran at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 06:00:25 PM »
Just pay for your children's maintenance on your own don't wait for court orders on that.

Than get a good lawyer to delay your matter endlessly.
Frustrate your wife.

Finally she will come for mediation.
Solve it then.

Your job is delay that's all

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India