Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Property Papers in case of 50% ownership  (Read 1029 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline mrdivik

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Property Papers in case of 50% ownership
« on: August 21, 2015, 06:52:56 AM »
Ours was small family of 3 (Me, mom and dad). There were continuous tensions between my parents since my childhood. Me and my mom live separately (not divorced) in a house which was at my mom name. My mom died in Jul 2008 in an accident. After her death my dad comes up to take care of me. He said my mom had a nomination for house which says it goes 50% to me and 50% to dad, I don't know whether it was true or not, I trusted him. I was very innocent with no knowledge of complications. He made papers with house at 50-50 share between me and him. Papers are with him only, I don't remember what it says. He started living with a widowed women and kids from last 2-3 years, though there is no proof of marriage. Its sort of live-in what my dad says. I need a copy of home papers as a proof with me that I own 50% in that house. My dad can sell that entire property anytime or can transfer it to that widow lady by cheating me. What all I need to do to get a proof with me that I own 50% share in that house? Need your help.. Please advise.

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Property Papers in case of 50% ownership
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 12:50:12 AM »
As per your statement/ query, I would like to say that after demise of your mother, you and your father has inherited your mom's house jointly. That means you are 50% owner of undivided share of that property. What your father make you sign in that paper that is irrelevant all the time. There is no legal paper could be make that you are the 50% owner of that property as you are the owner of that property in the eye of law in respect of half undivided share.

You can mutated your name before the local bodies/ corporation/ panchayat, etc which is applicable to your place. Second, you can claim for partition from your father in respect of that house and make your share demarcated in respect of your property or you can buy your father's half undivided share of that property at negotiable purchase. If possible, you can convince you father to make Deed of Gift in respect of his undivided share of that property.

But your father is leading a live-in relationship with widow or he may transfer his share in favour of that widow are all will be valid in the eye of law. After the death of your mother, your father can marry another woman during his rest of his life. There is no cheating or illegal. But if your father died intestate and he has not married that widow then you will get his 50% undivided share of that property and you will be the owner. Further you can claim all others movable and immovable property of your father on his demise intestate.


Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Property Papers in case of 50% ownership
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 12:50:12 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India