Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Problem in Marriage  (Read 959 times)

Offline tara

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Problem in Marriage
« on: August 28, 2015, 05:03:09 AM »
Hi everyone,
                I got married in 2013 and went to U.S with my husband(as he stays in U.S).In India my In-laws started asking dowry and my parents have rejected.The very next day my husband has exposed himself that he has recorded all my conversations with my family and objected not to talk with my family.I don't have any mobile.Later my in-laws came to U.S and while they were returning back to India they took locker keys(in which i kept my jewelry in India)  from me forcefully.
 After 1 1/2 yr my brother came and took me to his home(in U.S )for vacation.Meanwhile my husband has cancelled my visa and i have to come back to India suddenly.Here my In-Laws were just extending the issues and not allowing my husband to send visa papers.
               Suddenly I have seen a legal notice in U.S local news paper that my husband has filed divorce without my concern on basis of not knowing my address.After seeing this when we asked he himself applied for withdrawal.Mediator who has fixed this marriage was dealing all this issue now and asked us to wait for 1 month and sort out in a cool manner.
But the point is my husband can again file divorce after 4 months as it will be 1 yr of separation.At that time I cannot defend myself as I am staying here in India.
My questions are:
        1. Can I take an action in India against him if he file divorce in U.S without knowing to me.
        2. Can I take an action against my In-laws as they are doing all these for dowry.They mentally tortured me daily even in U.S.I don't have any proofs.
        3. How many days it will take to bring back my husband to India if I file the case because if he files for divorce the procedures in U.S will be fast than in India.

Actually I don't want loose this relation because other than these family issues we both were nice to each other.But daily when his family involves he starts showing his aggressiveness.

Offline tara

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Problem in Marriage
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 05:43:00 AM »
Hi everyone,
                I got married in 2013 and went to U.S with my husband(as he stays in U.S).In India my In-laws started asking dowry and my parents have rejected.The very next day my husband has exposed himself that he has recorded all my conversations with my family and objected not to talk with my family.I don't have any mobile.Later my in-laws came to U.S and while they were returning back to India they took locker keys(in which i kept my jewelry in India)  from me forcefully.
 After 1 1/2 yr my brother came and took me to his home(in U.S )for vacation.Meanwhile my husband has cancelled my visa and i have to come back to India suddenly.Here my In-Laws were just extending the issues and not allowing my husband to send visa papers.
               Suddenly I have seen a legal notice in U.S local news paper that my husband has filed divorce without my concern on basis of not knowing my address.After seeing this when we asked he himself applied for withdrawal.Mediator who has fixed this marriage was dealing all this issue now and asked us to wait for 1 month and sort out in a cool manner.
But the point is my husband can again file divorce after 4 months as it will be 1 yr of separation.At that time I cannot defend myself as I am staying here in India.
My questions are:
        1. Can I take an action in India against him if he file divorce in U.S without knowing to me.
        2. Can I take an action against my In-laws as they are doing all these for dowry.They mentally tortured me daily even in U.S.I don't have any proofs.
        3. How many days it will take to bring back my husband to India if I file the case because if he files for divorce the procedures in U.S will be fast than in India.

Actually I don't want loose this relation because other than these family issues we both were nice to each other.But daily when his family involves he starts showing his aggressiveness.

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Problem in Marriage
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 08:34:49 AM »
Answer to the query no.1
You can take action in India but not while he filed a divorce case against you. Further if your marriage was held in India and same is being registered in India ten also he has to file divorce petition here until he and you are the citizen of US.

Answer to the query no.2
You can file case against your in-laws and you need not require any prove. It will be admitted genuinely before court if you give evidence properly.

Answer to the query no.3
Once you file a case against your husband and a warrant of arrest issued, he will soon fly to India.

SUGGESTION/ ADVICE
You immediately lodge a FIR against your husband and in-laws. Make sure you must draft the complaint properly with the ingredient of Sections. Further you must file a case under Section 125 of Cr. P.C immediately claiming for your maintenance. Quantum of maintenance should be Half of his Salary. You can also pray for interim maintenance. You can also get back all your stridan like gold ornaments, etc, etc

For now, this much is enough but if you need further advice or help you can contact me. Dont forget to click on 'APPLAUD' just on left hand side of this post.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 08:36:58 AM by adv.amarnath »
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India