Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Women rights on Family property  (Read 1122 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sriyapaka

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Women rights on Family property
« on: August 31, 2015, 08:50:09 AM »

I need advice on my below problem. Thanks for your time in advance.

I'm only daughter to my parents and I'm married now. My father has got some family property after dividing equally among his brothers. This happened 20 years ago. Seven years ago my mother has got expired and my father married to another women.

He does not have any children as part of second marriage. He is in his 70's now.
He is kind of confirming, he will gift the property  to his second wife for her security after his life and he is not in good terms with me nor would allow to own or have the share of the property after his life.

Please advise, Do I have any rights on the property which is inherited from fore fathers? The house is constructed by my father but the land is purely a family property.

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Women rights on Family property
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 10:46:51 AM »
No, you have no right over your father's property during his life time. If he die intestate then you will get undivided half share of his property considering his 2nd marriage is valid in the eye of law. But if he disposes his property by executing a Deed of Gift in favour of your step mother, then you have nothing to expect or right even on the situation if it is found that your father's 2nd marriage is illegal.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2019
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India