Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Claiming Fathers property  (Read 1245 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline mohitsule

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Claiming Fathers property
« on: September 09, 2015, 09:56:16 PM »
My father & Mother got divorced in 1985. I am staying with my mother from since then. As per court order my father was suppose to give monthly compensation to us, in initial days he gave us but afterwards he discontinued paying. And later on he never shows interest to see me or my mother, I never saw him or he never comes to see me. Not only he disobeyed the courts order but also he ignores his responsibilities. Now after 29 years if I wants to Sue him what charges I can file against him, & how much percentage I can claim in his property, because he remarried and staying in some other city. Please let me know your suggestions. Thanks.

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Claiming Fathers property
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 12:35:25 AM »
When your parents got divorce then there is no issue about his re-marriage. But when question arise about the order of maintenance which he had stopped to pay to your mother, then your mother should have put the order of maintenance into execution. But after so many years the claim of payment of maintenance shall not be  entertained by the court.

Regarding your rights over your father's property to claim at present is nothing. Until he left anything for you or died intestate, you cannot claim any property of your father considering that you are now major(adult).  If you were minor then you could claim for maintenance of yours too.

But there is a way to keep him under pressure legally which may puts him to compromise with you and pay lump sum money or some share of his property. The procedure/ advice I cannot share in this open forum due to my professional reasons.

For further clarification and advice in details, you can contact me.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Claiming Fathers property
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 12:35:25 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India