I got a call from one of the overseas employment agency operating from Delhi that they can arrange work permit for Canada. They asked Rs.2000 for Technical evaluation of my document and after the evaluation they told me I have to pay Rs.68000. Details given below:
WORK PERMIT / JOB SEARCH
COUNTRY : Canada
TIME DURATION : 4-5 months
TOTAL FEES : Rs.2, 00,000/- + 14% Taxes
Inclusive of Embassy Fee, Visa Fees, Documentation Fees, Filling Fees, Processing Fees and Interviews Conduction
Now we will proceed to STEP 2 (BREAK UP OF 2,00,000/-)
STEP 2 : SIGN UP
Initial installment : Rs. 60,000/- + 14% that comes to 68,400/- (This will be paid by the candidate)
On job confirmation : Rs. 1, 40,000/( Sponsored by the Employer)
We will sign a Service Legal Agreement with you mutually signed by us and you.
Once the Legal Agreement get signed we will be conducting the interviews matching to your profile.
On confirmation of employment, there would be negotiation on benefits offered.
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING THE PAYMENT:
You need to pay OASIS FEE of Rs 68,400 within 7 days from the day when your evaluation result is declared.
PROCEDURE AFTER THE PAYMENT:
1. You will get the invoice of the payment.
2. After your payment gets confirmed, you will receive the service legal agreement, which needs to be signed by both parties.
3. Once , the signed service legal agreement is received by OASIS, a CASE MANAGER would be assigned to you who will be taking care of all your proceedings for the work permit.
4. Checklist of the documents would be provided to you, which need to be submitted within a span of 2 months
5. After completion of the documentation, your JOB ASSISTANCE would be initiated.
6. After job confirmation, your VISA FILIING would be initiated.
After reading their Agreement, I did not sign the agreement sent by them and asked them to drop my case and return the money. But, they are refusing to return the entire amount and ready to give back only 40%=Rs.24000. I refused to accept it because I did not sign the agreement with them. After lot of discussion over phone they agreed to pay Rs.30000 or (50% of 60000). Rs.8000 is tax.
Please advise on how to go about it.