Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

Author Topic: Wrongful Confinement, physical abuse and exploitation  (Read 803 times)

Offline Nikki

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Wrongful Confinement, physical abuse and exploitation
« on: September 11, 2015, 06:06:49 AM »
I was in Pune for a short term work assignment. I was a paying guest for 6 weeks with a single childless lady (Mrs. J) who has a live-in maid servant. I have witnessed what looks like systematic abuse and confinement. Need advice on what to do.

The servant is middle-aged, has been with this lady for 20+ years and has no family. The servant is confined in the house all the time with no outside contact. She is locked inside the flat when Mrs. J goes out. She is verbally abused and physically beaten by Mrs J, and threatened with withholding meals if she does anything wrong. She looks under-fed too.  Mrs. J herself is quite elderly (60s) but she is physically much bigger and stronger than the servant. She is also emotionally unstable. The servant is resigned to her fate and has no options other than living with Mrs. J. She has opportunities for escaping but never tries.

Should I do something in this situation, like reporting to authorities or not? I am no longer living with these people in their home. Just got thrown out by Mrs. J for protesting when she was repeatedly hitting the servant. Thank you for advice.

Offline advkartik

• Veteran at Law
  • I this is advocate kartik, ask me your law query
    • View Profile
Re: Wrongful Confinement, physical abuse and exploitation
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 08:57:12 AM »
What are you waiting for inform the police. Than get in contact with a woman ngo and seek their assistance.

Or else simply inform the media.

Offline adv.amarnath

• Veteran at Law
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 08:58:33 AM »
When the maid servant has accepted this situation then who are you to poke into her life. You may have my impression to be a heartless and merciless Advocate but being an experienced advocate I am trying to foreseen the future of your action.

You have only and best options to lodge FIR before local police station about all the incidents. In this case you will be de facto complainant and police will investigate the matter. If that maid servant denies or turned hostile on that event you may face legal/ police enquiry. Further Mrs. J may file a case against you for unnecessary harassment.

Further if case is being taken up before court, you have to give evidence and you have to face cross examination by the lawyers of Mrs. J. Moreover, if the maid servant denies your complaint, then what will you do. The maid servant is accepting the abuse and cruelty due to her livelihood.

Now, you think what you will do or really want to fight against the social disease. It will be more better if you give a job to that maid servant and take out her from Mrs. J's clutch. This will be best option for you by avoiding legal complications.
Regards,

Amarnath Sanyal
Advocate
Email - adv.amarnath.sanyal@gmail.com
Mob - 09830303322

Offline Nikki

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 02:25:23 AM »
Thank you Mr. Sanyal and advKartik for your responses. Any additional responses also will be appreciated. AdvKartik, can you provide more details on approaching media? Any particular TV channel or newspaper? How will they go about it?  Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 02:33:12 AM by Nikki »

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India