Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Builder resorting to fraud , delaying project and not returning money.  (Read 960 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline vaibsiitg

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
I bought a flat from a builder in Delhi in December. The flat was under construction back then and it was promised that the flat would be transferred by 10 August 2015 (The date has already passed). The builder and he also signed a sale agreement for the same mentioning every detail (Like the money already paid, occupation date of flat, details of cheques paid by me etc). I had already paid Rs. 29 Lakhs to the builder and I have all proofs of the same like my bank statements and also the cheques are mentioned properly in the sale agreement.

Now we have realised that the builder is deliberately not completing the construction and on being asked to return the money paid by me, he is giving redundant excuses.  I have also come to know that the property is a disputed property and he still signed a sale agreement for it.

He owes me Rs. 29 Lakhs and he is insisting on paying the money in parts (cheques of 5-10 Lakh each over 2-3 weeks). He is asking me to cancel the agreement after payment of first cheque, a proposal that I have outrightly denied.

The builder even threatened me by saying "do whatever you can". I am facing mental trauma and visiting his office almost daily to get my money back.

Another option that he is proposing is that he choose another flat already constructed by him in some other area and he will transfer the flat immediately. I do not want any other flat. All I want is my whole money that I have paid him to be returned back along with any interests that may have accrued.

What legal action can I take?  Are there any precautions as well which are to be taken?

Where can I complaint for the same?

I would be highly obliged if I can get any advice.

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1522
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Builder resorting to fraud , delaying project and not returning money.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 08:52:03 AM »
After going through your statement and queries, I would like say that you have a very good consumer case and you have to file it before the State Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission. You can send him a notice giving him a last opportunity for refunding of money with compensation and interest.

For further clarification and legal advice in details you can contact me as I cannot disclose my professional secrets and tactics to get early relief in open forum.


Amarnath Sanyal
State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission, WB
Mob - 09830303322
Email -

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Builder resorting to fraud , delaying project and not returning money.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 08:52:03 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India