Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Legal Advice on Agreement to Sale  (Read 541 times)

Offline manoj150283

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Legal Advice on Agreement to Sale
« on: September 20, 2015, 12:42:35 AM »
Dear Members,

I signed an Agreement to Sale of Property (Floors) on 3rd of September 2015 to buy a property. According to ATS, I had to pay full payment and get the registry done by 20th September 2015 which falls on Sunday. I have taken loan on this property which is sanctioned and disbursed also. On 18th September we (both Me and Seller) went to Registrar office to get property registered with Band personnel carrying Cheque for Balance amount. We marked our presence in the registrar office and taken our appointment to get the sale deed registered. But somehow due to legal deficiency in the stamp paper purchased. Since the property was going to get registered in the name of me and my wife, sale deed writer purchased the stamp paper as per 6% of total cost of property but by mistake my sale deed writer didn't realised that the property going to get registered was Floors. So stamp paper should have been purchased as per 7% of total cost. Due to his deficiency property didn't get registered on 18th September 2015 and is now supposed to be register on 21st September 2015 (Monday). On 19th September 2015, I rectified the deficiency by buying challan for extra 1%. Since Registrar office remain closed on Saturday and Sunday, it is now impossible to get the property registered by 20th September 2015. Although the sale deed was not registered on 18th September 2015, seller signed the Sale deed and other documents on 18th September 2015.

Today, 20th September 2015, I received a mail from Seller stating that since the Sale deed didn't get registered by 20th September 2015 and she didn't received the balance amount from bank, contract is ended and the amount which I paid to her is forfeited.

Please advice whether legally can she do like this ? I was unable to get the sale deed registered due to deficiency in stamp duty amount and since 19th and 20th being Saturday and Sunday, I am unable to get the same registered. Can't she legally bound to come on Monday and to be present in Registrar Office to get the sale deed registered.

Please advice. Its urgent.

Offline Advocate M.Bhadra

• Sr. Legal Expert
  • Sr.Lawyer
    • View Profile
    • law empowerment
Re: Legal Advice on Agreement to Sale
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 05:35:03 AM »
She is legally bound to complete the registration, failing which you can file a case in Consumer Forum for deficiency of service or you can file suit for specific performance of contract in Civil Court. But best option is go to consumer Forum.

M.Bhadra,advocate at Kolkata,9836589246

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India