Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Ancestral Property  (Read 885 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline rajaka

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Ancestral Property
« on: September 21, 2015, 10:30:29 AM »
My father has 3 sons and 1 daughter.We are living in an ancestral property which belongs to my grandfather. Now I am planning to buy that house.As of now I have bought the shares from my mother and from my brothers.(Now i m having 2 brothers share plus my mother's share + my share = total 4 shares).But my sister is not accepting to sell her share to me.

I have given my brothers' share in money to them and deposited the money in my mothers name in bank.I am staying with my wife ,son and my mother.

What are all the options to get the legal ownership for me?

With the 4 shares out of 5 ,can i sell a part of the house to somebody?

Can I pay the money of my sister's share in court,so that i can be the legal owner for this property?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 10:35:36 AM by rajaka »

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1522
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestral Property
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 07:21:34 PM »
You cannot force your sister to sell out her share but you have to file a partition suit against her. You can sell out your undivided 4/5th share which we call a lion's share to third party but that will cause some legal complication for that buyer in future. But before selling put you must serve a notice giving her opportunity to purchase your's lion's share.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Ancestral Property
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 07:21:34 PM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India