Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Ancestral property division  (Read 1317 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline noname

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Ancestral property division
« on: September 22, 2015, 01:22:44 PM »
To give a background on the situation.
My great grandfather owned two pieces of land - one where we have a shop (S), another one where we have our house(H).

He had 3 sons. All of them have passed away. These three grandfathers (G1,G2,G3) had - 4, 3, 3 sons (G11, G12, G13, G14, G21, G22, G23,  G31, G32, G33)

G1 and G2 have died intestate without any will. So in 1991, in presence of G3, a oral agreement was reached for partitioning property S

Then in 2001, G21, G22 and G33 partitioned the property. At that time H was still not partitioned. So a याददाश्त बटवारा was drawn up with type as वाखुदहा. This document talked about G21, G22 and G23 right in both H and S.

My queries are:
1. What is a  याददाश्त बटवारा and what is वाखुदहा? Relevance of these?
2. Given H was still undivided at that time, were G21, G22 and G23 correct in going ahead with division or did याददाश्त बटवारा  imply a MoU and not an actual partition?
3. Can a division be lopsided? I mean what if G21 wants 50% of the property and given 25% each. Is that a possibility?

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestral property division
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 06:39:16 AM »
You just go to a lawyer for getting appropriate advice. Please explain that lawyer by your Hindi word and your G1 G2 G3 etc etc... It will not easy to understand your post and advice.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Ancestral property division
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 06:39:16 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India