Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Cheque bounce  (Read 1888 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Saleem

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Cheque bounce
« on: October 01, 2015, 01:03:01 PM »
i had given a loan to a friend of 7,50,000/- n also made an agreement for that loan
Agreement period expired on April 2015 n i asked him to return my amount
He told me to give me 3 months time as mentioned in the agreement
later he refused to give the money but eventually we had a compromise amone mutual freinds n told me he will return my amount in 2 installments n will give cheque for that amount
he gave me cheque for 3,75,000 dtd 17.09.2015 n 2nd cheque on 17.11.2015
Now when i deposited the cheque it is bounced
what can i do now to recover my money
i also came to know that the account no longer exists neither the firm
how cani claim me amount . pls help me

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1521
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Cheque bounce
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 10:04:22 PM »
It will not be proper to advice you without seeing the Agreement between you and your friend. The spirit of agreement will determine which procedure you will adopt. Cheque bound can be treated under NI act but you have another option to file a money suit against your friend.

In case of 138 you have to send a statutory notice to give him within 30 days from the date of knowledge of cheque bounce/ intimation from the bank authority. You can file a compliant case against him after expiry of 15 days from the receipt of the said notice by your friend. But in NI act chances of recovery of money always less rather suit for recovery of money still have chance to get back by attachment of his properties.

If you need any further clarification in details you can contact me.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Offline anskan

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Cheque bounce
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 08:13:59 AM »
mam mera  friend ne mujhe 1 lack rs in january 2014 for madical help ke liye diye the aur date time koi condition nhi rakhe the par ek month baad uska kehna tha ke vo mujhese 10% intrest lega us paiso par jo ke date time nhi bataya tha maine unko march starting mai 50k by cheq louta bhi diye the par unke  10% intrest ke chalte mai unke paise nhi louta pa raha tha par intrest deta ja raha tha lakin aaj 05-11-2015 ko mera paas cheq bounce ka notice aaya hai vo bhi pore 1 lack maine unse baat ke to vo bolte hai nhi maine tumko january mai 1 lack diye the vo bhi 2015 mai aur notice mai cheq dane ke date 10-10-2015  bataye gaye plz mare help kare ke mai ab kya karu mera paas sirf yahi proof hai jo maine inko 50 k diye the uska bank statement plz advice me

Offline advmisthi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 211
  • Karma: +16/-3
  • Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
    • View Profile
Re: Cheque bounce
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 08:54:39 PM »
at the time of making payment since no agreement was entered into you are not responsible to pay interest on it. but yes the amount paid to you, that amount you have to return
Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
I am here to help, Shoot your legal problem to me, I promise I will help


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India