Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Bribes to traffic police  (Read 1227 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline srujanthegoldenboy

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Bribes to traffic police
« on: October 02, 2015, 01:34:43 PM »
What are the charges on the person if he gave bribe to traffic police for traffic violation? Will they be punished severely or minor charges? I have heard stories from different friends that they have been manipulated in giving bribe by scaring them in anyway they can(after paying the official fine with receipt). Later they want be honest and book a case against the police officer but they are worried they will be charged to go to jail for giving bribes.

I want to know the information so that when I face this situation I don't want to be feel like idiot who has been taken advantage by a police officer of my ignorance of law.

Offline advocate-lyngdoh

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 198
  • Karma: +5/-1
  • Member of Shillong Bar Association
    • View Profile
Re: Bribes to traffic police
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 07:49:23 PM »
giving and taking of bribe are both criminal offence against the state.
now if you have given bribe than you are guilty as well.

the right act would have been you should not have given bribe at all and report the matter to the police grievance cell or anti corruption department of the police. that was your duty.

now since you are a common man forget this incident, because it will backfire on you.

next time follow the law strictly and report to anti corruption department of the police.
Advocate Lyngdoh
Laitumkhrah, Shillong

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India