Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Property document queries  (Read 1611 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline query101

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Property document queries
« on: October 06, 2015, 01:25:25 AM »
Dear All I have the following queries ,

1.We own a property on which stands our house and other
   properties.The lease expires in another 8 Year.Is it possible
   that local municipality documents related to our property can
   be changed/manipulated/forged ?On basis of any change in
   these documents can we be evicted ?

2.Can the local municipality evict us even if we are willing to
   pay the lease Money in FULL.

3.We are all foreign nationals with OCI/PIO in our family , with
   most of the family living abroad, will this  cause any problems
   during lease extension / purchase ?

4.What would be a worst case scenario legally ,  if powerful forces
    wish to evict us.

5.The Electricity bills are still in my fathers name who is expired ,
do I need to do a name change ?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 01:28:53 AM by query101 »

Offline advmonami

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 14
  • Karma: +2/-8
  • Advocate Monami Lahiri - Patna High Court
    • View Profile
Re: Property document queries
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 05:04:29 AM »
local municipality documents related to our property can   be changed/manipulated/forged: if you fear this than immediately apply for certified copies of the original documents.

regarding your fears, let them first do something than only law can provide you remedies
Advocate Monami Lahiri
Patna High Court

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Property document queries
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 09:01:35 AM »
Your statement is contradictory in nature. You have told that you won the property and on other hand you are telling that you are in lease which will expire in next 8 years. First you confirm that what is your status in respect of that property. Are you Owner or LESSEE?

Considering that you are the LESSEE then only owner/ LESSOR has rights to evict you under Section 106 of T.P. Act, 1882 after serving you one month eviction notice. I cannot come to conclusion that why you are so much afraid and/ or concern about Municipal corporation activities and why you the corporation will evict you!!!!

If the LESSOR agrees to renew the LEASE then simply make a fresh LEASE in favour of you. Regarding Electricity meter you should have informed the concern department and transfer the same in your favour. Nothing can be continued in the deceased name.

If you are still insecure about your present situation and/ or apprehend that you may be evicted (the reasons you have not specifically mentioned) then you have an option to file a suit for declaration and permanent injunction valued at Rs.200/- against that person who is trying to evict you forcefully.

For further consultation in details you can contact me.

If you are happy with my post and/ or helpful to you, please click on APPLAUD just left hand side of this post
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 09:04:21 AM by adv.amarnath »

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Offline query101

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Re: Property document queries
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 12:19:12 AM »
Dear Sir,

1.I have strong reasons to suspect foul play.Recently I had to pay arrears
    in relation to Municipality taxes, quite a substantial sum of money.
    Apparently the site size and plinth area or build up were same on the annual Tax documents relating to the site.
    Apparently erroneous entries in the area size were going on since the last
    14 Years.I came to know of this now when I went to pay the tax the first
     time.Cleared everything up myself.Apart from this there are other serious
     reasons for being suspicious and afraid.
2.Our site initially belonged to the municipality and from there to our neighbor
   from whom we got this Land .The lease expires 2024.Bit confused about
    lessee lessor sorry :)
3.So the Municipality can extend the lease or ask us to leave when the lease
   expires ? this solely depends on them ?

* going ahead with electricity bill name changes , apart from other steps.

Thanking You all.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 12:24:55 AM by query101 »

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Property document queries
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 12:19:12 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India