Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Alternative to Rectification Deed for correcting wrong survey number in SALE Dee  (Read 1604 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline pskrishnan

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
I am evaluating the purchase of a plot through a Bank auction (property under the Bank's possession under SARFAESI Act). The current owner has defaulted on payments, hence the plot is being auctioned. The survey number in the property schedule in the sale deed of the current owner (defaulter) is wrongly mentioned on account of a typographical error. This error has been missed by the current owner as well as by the bank's legal team. However the registered mortgage deed between the current owner (defaulter) and the bank features the correct survey number.
A rectification deed is not possible as it involves convincing the current owner (defaulter), who in turn has to locate the previous owner and convince them to rectify the deed. A rectification deed is therefore ruled out
I am writing to seek expert opinion if there is an alternative to a rectification deed to formalise and correct the error in the schedule in the survey number or any other alternative to protect my ownership, title and the location of the property in case I would like to purchase it. Would endorsement or any affidavit / undertaking from the bank ratify the error, or is there a possibility of filing a civil suit post purchase making the bank a party to the suit to get it corrected by filing a civil suit

Opinions from experts will be greatly appreciated

I look forward to hearing from you


P S Krishnan

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1521
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
You should have checked it at the time of executing the same. Now you have to request the Bank authority to execute a Deed of correction. Otherwise you have to file a civil suit for declaration and permanent injunction.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2017
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India