Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Emotional Harrassment by Spouse  (Read 1584 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline mitra

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Emotional Harrassment by Spouse
« on: October 15, 2015, 08:52:22 AM »
There has been a situation of domestic emotional harassment by husband. Husband do not want to continue with marriage. . However he is not willing to vacate the house which is in wife's name. He claims that he has right to stay in the house till divorce is filed. However its a threat for wife's life as there is no one else in the house. There is no physical harassment, only verbal threats. Husband do not contribute anything for the expense to the house. He recently started working, and wife not working since 10 months. (Wife has been the bread winner for many years)

Is it possible to take any legal/police help to have husband vacate from the house ?
Also he threatens not to give divorce for long, and already going around and spreading wrong allegations. Not sure he has already filed a case for his right to stay in the house.

Please guide how to proceed. Primary need is security and have husband vacate, and further divorce proceedings.

Offline advgaurav.sharma

  • Sr. Legal Expert
  • ****
  • Posts: 125
  • Karma: +3/-1
  • Advocate Gaurav is a specialist in Trademark laws
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Harrassment by Spouse
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 07:02:34 PM »
mental harassment is also cruelty a ground for divorce.
You should make a written complaint in Crime against woman cell against your husband.

Do you want to evict your husband from your property if yes mention that to in your written complaint.

Do you want to divorce your husband? or are you waiting for your husband to file divorce petition
Advocate Gaurav is a specialist in Trademark laws

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Harrassment by Spouse
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 03:03:48 AM »
It is true that staying in same house divorce petition cannot be filed. If there is any threat from husband you can file 498A before local police station and put him under custody. That will be the best option to oust him form your house indirectly. Once he is ousted from your house then you must not allow him to re-enter in that house and file a maintenance case against him. This will be enough legal advice for you to solve your matter.

For further clarification and consultation in details you can contact me

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India