Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: bank account  (Read 1393 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ialsoexist

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
bank account
« on: December 26, 2015, 05:20:52 PM »
Dear Experts,

About 6 years ago my wife a home maker opened a bank account in India. Non-Resident External account, i work abroad in a University, and was sent all money savings in her name to the NRE account which were converted in recurring fixed deposits (have the NRE account number with her name, my name as a nominee)

I remember sending copies of my passport, employment offer/work permit for account opening purpose, and even signing the application.

Due to family/matrimonial dispute now, wife is claiming that she will not return the money it belongs to her. I am not sure if the NRE is joint, or individual or i have given her a power of attorney. In a good faith/trust i had not asked or inquired the details of account, but now regret that, i should have been more careful.

My questions to the experts:

1) Can a non-working dependant wife open an NRE account?

2) If dependant wife could open NRE account, is there a legal means to recover the money from wife.

3) If the bank has wrongly opened an NRE account to non-eligible person or colluded with account holdee, can i take a legal recourse against the bank.

According to Reserve Bank of India guidelines, an NRI working abroad, can open account, single or jointly with another NRI. NRE account holder has to declare the sources of funds.I have all the bank electronic transfer receipts as evidence. I can even take a bank statement from the bank from where i had remitted the money.

Looking forward for the reply



Offline advmisthi

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 228
  • Karma: +16/-3
  • Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
    • View Profile
Re: bank account
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 06:48:04 PM »
These is technical query you should ask the bank where the account is opened.
Adv.Misthi Mukherjee
I am here to help, Shoot your legal problem to me, I promise I will help

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: bank account
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 06:48:04 PM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2019
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India