Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Annulment of marriage  (Read 1867 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline shubhu2411

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Annulment of marriage
« on: October 19, 2015, 08:57:00 AM »
Dear Sir/Madam
I have read the procedure for court marriage which requires one month notice period and presence of marriage officer.If a marriage is solemnised in a court premise with both parties present, the concerned lawyer and two witnesses without any former notice period, will the marriage be considered valid?
If the woman in question,within one year of the marriage realizes the suddenness of marriage because of her unsound mental state such as depression,running away from home due to traumatic events,can she file for annulment of marriage?

Offline advmonami

  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 14
  • Karma: +2/-8
  • Advocate Monami Lahiri - Patna High Court
    • View Profile
Re: Annulment of marriage
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 09:56:42 PM »
Annulment of marriage on technical grounds is not possible.
you have to file for divorce only way out
Advocate Monami Lahiri
Patna High Court

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Annulment of marriage
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 10:00:12 AM »
You must maintain the legal registration procedure and when you are talking about 30 days notice then your marriage will be solemnised under Special Marriage Act. You will definitely get divorce on the ground of mental state instability but you have to prove about the facts. Mere verbal allegations will not be a good ground.

Moreover when you are apprehending that the man may be a person of unsound mind then you should turn down the marriage proposal or you must put him a thorough mental stability check up. Otherwise you are creating your future into dark world.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India