Online Copyright Registration in India

Protect your creative work
Books, Songs, film, websites, Software, painting, fashion Design etc
Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 8851046564

Author Topic: Filing for divorce by one party  (Read 1091 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


  • Newlaw
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Filing for divorce by one party
« on: October 20, 2015, 09:39:06 PM »
I have come to my parents after being physically and mentally tortured by husband and in-laws. They ask me to leave them everytime and ask for divorce. They say they made a mistake marrying me and want me to leave them. During marriage they made false promises and after marriage they directly-indirectly demand dowry and always insult me and my parents, beat me up, abuse me and drags me out of their house. My MIL and husband threatens me to make false police complaint. I don't wish to file any case against their misdeeds as I want this marriage to work. They ask me to come back otherwise they file case under section 9. I don't wish to go back to them as I feel risk to my life and well being. But I don't want to leave them either. They think doing marriage and breaking marriage is not a big deal and they will find another girl. My MIL says to my husband that he is not short of proposals and always find a girl to marry. My husband is not good to me. He says what his mother says and doesn't leave a single chance to misbehave with me.

I wish to ask whether denying to come back to my husband under sec.9 can be a reason to file divorce by him? Can he alone take divorce? What can he do to end this marriage? I don't wish to give divorce neither do I want to go back to them under present circumstances. If they think they can do as many marriages as they want and ruin as many girls as they wish, I don't want that to happen.

Offline adv.amarnath

  • Veteran at Law
  • *****
  • Posts: 1528
  • Karma: +59/-7
  • Advocate Amarnath Sanyal from Kolkata, West Bengal
    • View Profile
Re: Filing for divorce by one party
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 07:16:45 AM »
If you would have made a mistake if you have not contested the matrimonial suit under Section Section 9. If he already got a decree and judgement under that section 9 and you have not comply the order then he has every rights to file a divorce petition after one year to get rid of you.

You must file a Petition under Order 9 Rule 13 of the CPC to rehear the Section 9 petition. May be some cost will be impose upon you which is totally discretion of court but you must file it. Further you must file a Maintenance Case under Section 125 of Cr. P.C.

If you need any further clarification and consultation in details you can contact me.

Amarnath Sanyal
Email -
Mob - 09830303322

Free legal Advice - lawyers Forum

Re: Filing for divorce by one party
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 07:16:45 AM »


File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

lawyers in Milan

Delhi - New Delhi
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration
Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi
-Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2018
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India