Call now: 09891244487

Ask Our legal Experts, on issues related to Divorce

File Mutual Consent divorce right away

Call at ph no: 9650499965
Search On:Laws in IndiaLawyers Search

To Appeal before CIC - Central Information Commission
For Filing and Hearing contact: Choudhury's law Office
Ph no: 9873628941

Author Topic: Joining a client  (Read 467 times)

Offline Employee001

• Newlaw
  • Welcome to legal Service India - law forum for free legal Information
    • View Profile
Joining a client
« on: October 26, 2015, 08:49:31 PM »
Hi, all,

This has probably, nay, definitely been answered around here to varying extents. However, at the risk of having you repeat yourselves, can someone please help me out here?

Background - I'm into client servicing and also actively involved in client acquisition. One such client that I brought into my firm has now made an offer to have me join them. The client is not based in Indian and will open an office in India after I join. However, in their first engagement with my firm they did sign a contract that includes a non-solicitation clause. I've appended the entire statement below. Additionally, I've also included the relevant parts of my employee contract that forbid my joining a client. From the research I've done, I've come to understand that these clauses hold no grounds under section 27 of the Indian Contract Act, except in the case of goodwill, which I don't think is at stake here. Can someone shed some light on this? I don't think I have anything to lose and the client is also willing to sign a longer contract with my firm if it'll help my cause.

Here's the section clients sign:

Non-Solicitation: Each party undertakes that during the Term of this engagement and for a period of one year following its termination or expiration, it shall not, without the previous written consent of the other party, employ or engage the services of any person who was employed by/ rendering services to the other party at any time during a period of 12 months preceding the date on which the offer for employment/engaging the services is made by such party.

Here's the section employees sign:

You shall not for the period of 12 months after the termination of your employment with the Company, whether as principal, servant, agent, consultant or otherwise, solicit the custom of or deal with the business of any person, firm or company:
- if you have, at any time during the 12 months preceding the termination date canvassed, called on, solicited business from or procured and accepted orders from such person, firm or company, and/or
- if the person, firm or company who was, at any time during the 12 months preceding the termination date, a Client or a Prospective Client of the Company to whom the company has made or is intending to make a formal business presentation (the terms or details of which you are aware of or concerned with) at any time during the 12 months preceding the termination date

File a Consumer Complaint
Property verification
Call: 9873628941

Lawyers in India - Listed city wise Mumbai
Bangalore
Pune
Pondicherry
Jaipur
lawyers in London
lawyers in Birmingham
Chennai
Allahabad
Ahmedabad
Jodhpur
Indore
lawyers in Toronto
lawyers in Sydney

Cochin
Lucknow
Ranchi
Thane
Janjgir
lawyers in Milan
Johannesburg

Delhi - New Delhi
Chandigarh
Surat
Nashik
lawyers in New York
los Angeles
Kolkata
Hyderabad
Rajkot
Nagpur
lawyers in Dhaka
lawyers in Dubai

Copyright Registration

Ph no: 9891244487

For Mutual consent Divorce in Delhi - Ph no: 9650499965

Home | Bare Acts | Law Forms | Supreme Court Judgments | Legal Advice | Lawyers | Submit article | Sitemap | Contact Us

legal Service India.com is Copyrighted under the Registrar of Copyright Act ( Govt of India) 2000-2016
Get Free legal Advice here from top notch lawyers in India